16

I woke up a couple hours later and feeling a lot better then I did before. I can actually move! I got out of bed just as Jack entered the room.

"Feeling better?" He asks with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"Shut up." I said walking past him. We got into the van him driving obviously and me in the passengers seat.
-

"Tonight you're all going to be a part of a social experiment. Through the magic of diesel fuel and ammonium nitrate, I'm ready right now to blow you all sky high. Anyone attempts to get off their boat, you all die. Each of you has a remote to blow up the other boat. At midnight, I blow you all up. If, however, one of you presses the button, I'll let that boat live. So, who's it going to be: Harvey Dent's most wanted scumbag collection, or the sweet and innocent civilians? You choose... oh, and you might want to decide quickly, because the people on the other boat might not be so noble." Jack say through the thing that's hooked up to the intercoms on the boats.

-

I started hearing gunshots from the floors below. Jack smirked. I saw the helicopter flying around.

I had a bad feeling about tonight. I don't know what but its something.

"Jack?" I say walking up so I was standing next to him.

"Hm?"

"What if something goes wrong tonight? I feel like something bad is going to happen."

"Well considering either one or both boats will be blown up I'd consider that bad." He said chuckling at the end. I sighed.

"No Jack! I mean what if your plan fails...like for good and you get caught for real this time and get thrown into Arkham?" I question him. He sighs.

"Your not going to let this go are you?" I shook my head. He licks his lips.

"Fine, uh, if this all goes to shit then say, uh, I kidnapped you, yea that's it, I kidnapped ya, and I threatened to kill ya. Okay?" He said staring at me.

"What about you then?"

"Don't worry about that doll." I began get irritated.

"Well of course I'm going to worry! I can't lose you Jack! I can't....not again." I said. He looked at me and his look softened. He pulled my waist and pulled me into a kiss. I cupped his face deepening it.

"I love you." He said lowly.

"I love you too." He kissed me once more before pulling away completely. I heard footsteps and I turned around and saw dad in his batman uniform. Jack turned around and saw him too.

"Oh good you made it." He said taking a few steps forward. He takes out his switchblade. "Go get him!" He commanded the dogs. The dogs ran and attacked dad. He knocked one to the side but fell on his back. Jack laughed and hopped over there and started kicking and hitting dad with a metal pipe. I cringed. I hate dad getting hurt but if I do anything Jack will get suspicious then dad will if I start defending Jack. Fuck.

Dad managed to knock the dogs off and kicked Jack back making him fall. Jack easily got back up and knocked the net onto dad and started hitting him with the metal pipe again and again. he pulled his switchblade out.

"All in the familiar places." Jack said bringing it down but to have dad push himoff and untangle himself from the net and stood up. Dad starting looking around just as Jack ran up to him and kicked him through a glass pane making him fall dangerously close to the edge.

Jack walked over held a metal pipe to dad's throat.

"We should stop this fighting or we'll miss the fire works." Jack said. I just stood there and watched. Even if I wanted to, I can't do anything about this. I mean how could I? I looked at the time 11:59.

"There won't be any fireworks." Dad said but Jack ignores him. Here we go.

"And here...we...go." But nothing happened.

Well would you look at that.

"What were you trying to prove? That deep down is as ugly as you?" Jack threw the metal pipe frustrated. "Your alone." Dad said.

No he's not.

"You can't rely on anyone these day's, you gotta do everything yourself. Wait! That's okay, I came prepared." Jack stated pulling our the detonator. "It's a funny world we live in. Speaking of, do you know how I got these scars?" Jack asks. I walked closer to them.

"No but I know how you got these." Dad states as something shot from his suit scratching Jack's face. Dad kicked Jack over him and off the building!

"NO!" I yelled running over but dad held me back as he shot the grappling hook down. I heard Jack laughing as he went down. The grappling hook wrapped itself around Jack's ankle and dad pulled  him up. I sighed in relief.

Finally Jack was pulled up enough where you can see him. Dad tied the rope to something to keep Jack up.

"Ohh, you just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible aren't you? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you, because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever." Jack states.

" You'll be in a padded cell forever. " Dad said back.

"Maybe we can share one. They'll be doubling up, the rate this city's inhabitants are losing their minds."

"This city....has showed you that these people are ready to believe in good." Dad says.

"Until their spirit breaks completely. Until they see the real Harvey Dent and all the heroic things he's done." Dad looked up at Jack. "What you didn't think I'd risk the battle Gotham's soul...with a fist fight with you? No, you need an ace in the hole. Mine's Harvey."

"What did you do?" Dad questioned. I smirked slightly.

"I took Gotham's white knight...and brought him down to our level. It wasn't hard. Because madness as you know is like gravity, all it take's is a little push." Jack says making a push motion and began laughing. Dad got up and left. I saw the swat team coming up.

"No!" I said. I look up at Jack as tears formed.

"It'll be alright doll." He whispered. The swat team pointed their guns at him. Someone grabbed me from behind.

"No, let me go!"

"It's okay everything is okay now." A cop said as he picked me up and carried me out. I began to cry because I don't know when I will see Jack again.

-

I sat at the back of a opened police car. A cop gave me a bottle of water. I mumbled a thanks. My tears were dried up by now.

I saw them drag Jack out in handcuffs. He spotted me and winked before he begun laughing. They threw him into the car that will take him to Arkham Asylum.

A small smile formed on my face.

_________________________

I'm sorry for any grammer and or spelling mistakes in this!

Vote/Comment