Chapter Seven

The long-awaited Ethan's point of view is here! I did promise to upload soon, and I tried my hardest to make it longer and more interesting. It is a bit cheesy but to show Ethan's true feelings for Rachel, it had to be. If there's anything you think I can change then please tell me! I don't have a lot of ideas for the next few chapters so any help will be appreciated! :) Thank you all for reading! xx

SEVEN (Ethan's POV)

"Ethan!"

I shot out of bed, rushing outside of the tent to where my best friend, Logan, was leaning against a truck while waving an envelope in the air. A huge grin appeared on my face – It could be Rachel's letter! I quickly slowed down from my run, realising that I probably looked and sounded like a loved-up girl. Oops?

I ran a hand through my short, but growing, brown hair. I was definitely going to have to shave it all off again – I hated it, but it was the requirements 'to maintain good order and discipline' when you become a soldier. I stared Logan in his large brown eyes, my eyebrows rising in question.

"Are you going to give it, or not?" I asked, glancing up at the envelope still high in the air. That was the problem with being best friends with this guy. He would always take advantage of his height of 6"2 compared to my 5"8.

"I think I might keep this Rachel to myself... she seems nice." He said with a wink, earning a growl from me. I glared at him once more and he put both his hands up in surrender before placing the letter in my hands and bowing, mocking me. "Here you go, kind sir." I only replied with a laugh, shaking my head before sitting down on a make-shift bench that was nearby.

I opened the envelope slowly and carefully, taking care that it would not rip. We only received letters once a week and it was my only form of communication with Rach – I didn't want to mess this up. I sighed in disappointment, however, when I realised that it wasn't from Rachel; it was from her teacher. I put it on the table and sighed once more.

"What's up?" Logan asked, his hand resting on my shoulder.

"It's not even from her! What if she doesn't want to write anymore? I probably ruined it by asking for a picture of her."

"It's from her teacher, right? The assignment might have ended, you know..." That was what made me sit up straight in realisation. What if I never got to speak to her again?

"I'm acting like such a girl..."

"Yeah, you are so whipped man. It's okay though, 'because she's your mate after all."

I nodded my head in agreement. Logan, a few other soldiers and I are werewolves. You might think that they don't exist, right? Well, they do; we're 100% real. A lot of films and books get all of the facts wrong; twilight for example. We are nothing like the pathetic, 6ft tall wolves on that stupid film. We can also change whenever we want, but if our wolves are incredibly angry, then we could lose control of our wolves and shift – this is similar to what happens to rogue wolves. A lot of the time they have lost their soul mates; the one person who was made for you, that you would love for your entire life. They lose control, unable to live without their mates, run away from their packs and their angry wolves become in control. They are angry the majority of the time and attack pack wolves but this is rarely seen in my pack; yes, I was the Alpha of the Blue Moon pack. My Beta was my best friend, Logan and then my third in command was Zac who was currently staying with my pack while both Logan and I were away.

Every werewolf has a soul mate. Someone who, the moment you meet, you share an immediate connection with – a connection that is so strong and draws you to them in a way you never thought was possible, like you have never experienced before. They are the only person that is made for you, the only one that truly understands you and the only one you will ever love with your whole heart. Everyone says that once you have found them, you can't spend a second without them; you're completely theirs from day one. A soul mate is the one person to make you smile and laugh, who shares your hopes and dreams – they make you whole; together you are one.