12

Derek's pov

"You left me a god damn note Maize!" Derek shouts through the phone making me move it away from my ear, I knew I shouldn't have answered the call but it's too late now. "How the fuck do you expect me to react? Huh?" His voice is furious I can feel the anger burn through the phone, almost literally.

"I just need some time and space to think. To find myself outside of you." I tell him calmly, I hear something shattering on the other end then another loud crash. I rub my eyes frustratingly, I feel helpless. I knew how upset he would be but I didn't think it would hurt me this bad.

"What the fuck does that even mean Maize?" His harsh voice rumbles through the phone and i don't know if it's rhetorical or if he actually wants me to answer so I stay quite. "Answer me damn it!"

"Stop cussing at me." I warn him "I didn't have to pick up but I did." He huffs lowly trying to regain his temper. "I moved to Clearwater for a fresh start Derek. After losing my mom I didn't know who I was anymore and I need to find who I was again, but instead I found you. I became completely consumed by all you are. I'm not saying it's a bad thing i want this, so bad but before I go all in head first I need to find myself again." I'm hoping my words calm him down and makes him see the situation as it is, but I'm not hopeful knowing he is too mad to think straight. "You're a fucking trip Maiz and I'm the idiot her feel in love with you. Fuck this." He spits out before hanging up the phone and I'm stunned.

'Feel in love with you' I thought imagined that, but I didn't. Derek just said he was in love with me.