Chapter 7

Edited- 4/08/2020

+++++

Jade pov

|~Dream ~|

I stood in a meadow, it's night and the moon was shining brightly being my only source of light. Even so, everything around me seemed to glow in the moonlight shining with a silver hue under it. A figure caught my attention making me turn to see a woman walking deeper into the forest.

My instincts told me to follow after her so I did. As I got closer I began to see her more clearly. She had long brown hair. Her hair was so long it was going as far as almost touching the floor, but that was all I could see. She stopped walking in a clearing the moon shining light directly onto her. I stopped under the covers of the trees watching her closely.

"Hello Jade..." her voice rang out softly and smooth like a lullaby. It was calming.

"Who are you?" I asked stepping out to get closer to her. She turned smiling softly down at me.

"I'm the moon goddess." I stared my mouth going into an 'o'. I didn't know how to react to that. Before I could register anything she engulfed me in a hug. "Oh how I've missed you..." she held me tightly as if not wanting to let go.

Although highly confused, I hugged her back. She gave off this warmth that felt so much like a mother's own. Finally we pulled away and I stared into her eyes questions swimming in mine.

"What do you mean you've missed me?" Her eyes saddened. Her soft hands held a strand of my hair tucking a piece behind my ear.

"You don't remember but... I'm your mother..." My eyes widened and my breath left me.

"What? H, How?" She gave me a saddened smile as she placed her thumb on my forehead. In a flash of light I stood in a field of flowers a little girl in front of me.

I recognized myself immediately. I was about two, my hair reaching my ankles laid out on the grass is sat in picking flowers. A woman walked up to me and two year old me immediately turned to face her a smile lighting up my face.

"Mamma! Mamma look!" I cheered holding up a bunch of flowers to her smiling widely. Smiling she took them from me kissing my forehead.

"They're beautiful. Thank you." I beamed happily at her words. Eyes shone reflecting the sunlight that shined down on us making my multicolored eyes stand out.

Out of the shadows from the forest wolves  appeared growling at us. They were rapid, eyes fully black no pupils to be seen. The scene changed and we were running. I was in mother's arms. She stopped for a moment to use a tree to hold the wolves coming after us.

"Mamma...I'm scared..." I whimpered in her shoulder as she started running again.

"Shh, it's going to be alright.." she kissed my forehead before pulling back and staring deep into my eyes "take care of her, Safire." I watched as my younger self eyes shifted to silver before going back to normal.