Chapter 14

Edited 1/10/2020

+++++

Jade pov

"Emily!!!"

"Jade!!" We towards each other meeting halfway and tackling Ieach other in a hug.

We kept the hug for a minute before we pulled back, a large smile on our faces.

"Jade! Oh, my goddess! I missed you!" Emily smiled widely up at me.

I returned her smile also happy to see her again. I blinked when I realized I could sense something from her. Following the sense, I turned to see Adrien looking at her with adoration in his eyes.

Realization dawned on mine and I turned back to face Emily, who was also staring, with an even bigger smile on my face than before.

"It would seem, you've found your mate." I grinned as her eyes immediately left Adrien to look at me.

"What are you planning?" she gave me a suspicious look but I held my innocent face.

"Nothing! What makes you say that?" I released the hug "So! When was the last time you flew?"  The smile left her face immediately.

"Jade, you know I lost my wings. I can't fly..." Emily looked down sadness emitting from her.

"Says who?" I smirked and before she could register anything, I shot us up into the sky.

I grabbed her and bolted up in the air high above the clouds.

"AHH! Jade!!" Emily cried latching onto me tightly.

Mother, will I be able to restore Emily's wings now that I am as I used to be? I got no response for a moment.

You can.

With that knowledge, I flew us to above the clouds, with Emily still screaming her head off.

"Emily!!" I yelled over the wind "Do you trust me?" She gave me a fearful look.

"In any other situation but this!!" I smiled shifting our positions

"I'm going to drop you now." I could hear her heartbeat speed up faster than it should be beating.

"What?! NO!!"

"I will catch you but first..." I dropped Emily.

"JAADEE!!!" I got rid of my wings dropping with her.

Baby what are you doing!? Danny practically screamed in my mind.

Don't worry. I know what I'm doing. I blocked him out focusing on Emily.

"Use your wings Em, you're making your mate worry." I looked to Adrien who was watching us with helpless eyes as we free fall from the sky.

"I told you I can't!"

"And why can't you!?"

"You know why!!" She shut her eyes tightly waiting to fall.

"NO! I don't! And I don't give a damn about that reason! You have wings and you can fly! So do it!!" I demanded

Emily opened her eyes looking at me scared. So I pushed us higher in the sky again to give her more time.

"Come on Emily! You can do this! You were born for this!" She still looked unsure and scared. "Do you feel the wind? Blowing in your hair? Do you smell the air? Filled with the scent of nature around us? Do you see the sky? Vast and empty, with all this space so we can free our wings and..." Emily smiled face at peace.