Chapter 14.

The next morning I am in the basement fighting with Mason. Punch, kick, uppercut, swing.

Madison was sitting on a mat doing some stretches and watching the two of us, I didn't get much sleep last night spent the first three hours turning every two minutes and then after giving up I just stared at my window wondering if Brooklyn was asleep and what that almost moment really meant.

I couldn't like him surely. You don't like someone you're meant to protect on the job, it's not the rules, I've never even liked someone before I'm not trained this way. What would happen if someone was to find out?

I kick my leg out wrapping it around Mason's sending him to the mat before I pin him down.

"Ouch Penelope that hurts let go, We're only meant to be having a little spar match not a full on fight what's gotten into you." I roll off of him and lay on the mat facing the ceiling regaining my breath.

"Has it got to do anything with last night?" Madison says from where she is sitting.

"Why what happened last night." Mason asks and I can feel his eyes on me.

"Nothing happened last night, I just got carried away while sparing nothing to worry about." I move over to my water bottle sitting off to the side.

"Really cause it looks like there is something on your mind... Taking your mind away from all of this." Madison says pushing me more on the subject.

"Madison." I warn.

"Penelope." She says back.

"Mason wants to know whats going on." Mason says crossing his arms.

"Does this have to do with what we spoke about the other day?" Madison says getting close to the subject.

I stay quiet I couldn't lie to her... But I couldn't tell her.

"Mason pin her." Madison tells him and my eyes widen and before I can react and run Mason is pinning me down by the arms and sitting on my legs locking mine in place.

"Mason get off me."

"No how about you tell me what you and Madison are keeping a secret from me and why you're acting so... Whatever this is." I have one more struggle under him hoping to get out and run but give up when I don't get anywhere.

"Fine... Madison is right. Happy now? Get off." Mason looks up at Madison and I assume she nodded as he gets off me and I sit up keeping my back towards the two of them.

"What is Madison right about?" Mason asks I'm not sure who.

"Penelope has her first crush." Madison says with a smug voice.

The only sound I hear is Mason's intake of breath indicating he is shocked.

"It doesn't matter anyway nothing will happen." I say standing up ready to walk out and leave the two of them behind.

"Who is it and why won't anything happen?" Mason asks starting to get annoyed he has to keep asking.

I get to the door pulling it open but just before I leave I stop in my tracks at what Madison says.