Chapter 15.

One slightly awkward car ride on my behalf while I apologized a thousand times on behalf of Mason later we had arrived at the restaurant.

"So what is the story behind the ballet?" I ask as we enjoy our meal together, the restaurant was just opposite the theatre so we wouldn't have far to walk once we were finished.

"It's where my parents met, my dad said from the moment he laid eyes on her he knew she was the one and fell in love with her. He took her there on their first date and after their third date he gave her more tickets to the ballet and wrote on her ticket if she would be his girlfriend. Every year on their anniversary, Christmas and her birthday he would take her to the ballet." He smiles once he finishes, I'm glad the conversation didn't upset him. 

"She must have really enjoyed it." We both smile at each other as he nods his head agreeing.

"Dad said there was something about the way she were throughout the whole show, from the way her eyes lit up when the lights dimmed down and then got slightly glossy from the tears she was holding in through whatever story they was telling. Then right at the end the breath she let out almost as if she had been holding her breath the whole time."

"It's nice you and your dad kept going even though she's not around anymore, she would enjoy knowing you're enjoying it even if she can't." It must have been hard for him and his father to still come here time after time, being it had such a special meaning behind it.

"My dad grew to like coming here, at first it was just taking his little sister when their parents couldn't, then it was just to see my mums reaction, now it's for the memories."

"It's a shame your dad couldn't make it today."

***

Two and half hours later, the show was coming to an end.

I thought I wouldn't enjoy the ballet, thinking it would be too slow paced for me. I was surprised to find out just how much I enjoyed it, from the dancers to the music all the way to the lighting, everything was so amazing I found myself tearing up at the part where the young girl thought she had lost the love of her life, the way she moved and told the story of how her life was falling apart while still looking graceful.

It truly was amazing.

Everyone stands up as the dancers take their bows, clapping at a job well done.

Throughout the show, I had forgotten to keep an eye out for any possible threats to Brooklyn ending up too engrossed in the show. I take that moment to look around us, everyone standing up just like us clapping in respect.

Then I notice the woman, a few seats over that was looking at me and Brooklyn, even as I watched her and made eye contact with her she didn't look away. She was the only one not clapping although she was standing, slowly the claps start to stop and people start grabbing their stuff making the slow walk towards the doors.

She still doesn't make a move, it wasn't until my sight line was blocked by people moving past that I lost her. Once my view was clear she was gone, almost as if she was never there, to begin with.

"Shall we get a drink, let the traffic out first so we won't be stuck in the car?" Brooklyn asks already making his way towards the bar so I follow after him.

"Only if you're buying." I joke in reply, not paying my full attention as I look for the woman from inside the theatre.

"Of course." We both sit on a stool next to the bar and order our drinks.

I get my phone out of my bag, quickly sending a quick text to Spencer and Cruz, telling them about the woman following us, not needing to go into detail with the facts knowing they would jump into action right away.

"Did you like the show?" Brooklyn asks as the bartender makes our drinks.

"It was breath taking, it's the first time I have seen a ballet, it felt so magical. I can see why your mum enjoyed it so much." He smiles in thanks, I truly did understand why his mum enjoyed it so much, now I had seen one I could watch another one every day and never get bored.

There was one thing other than the woman who was now nowhere to be seen that was bugging me and I just had to ask.

"Why didn't you take Rosie? The two of you are back on good terms." I ask, looking down at my phone at the read text message.

"I tried taking Rosie to the ballet for her birthday one year, It didn't go so well she said it was boring and kept talking through the whole thing annoying the people around her, not to mention she kept texting through it and growing up I quickly learned to respect the theatre. First and last time I ever took her." How someone could be bored while watching the ballet is beyond me, you would think Rosie would like the ballet, pretty dresses and all that.

We're both sipping on our drinks when the woman from earlier appears again, with less of a crowd I could see her better, I reckon if needs be I could take her on. She was only a little taller than me, with her dark hair up in a tight bun on the top of her head while she wore a pant suit.

She would have the perk of wearing trousers while I would more than likely end up flashing someone in this dress if we did have to engage in combat.

It was almost if she knew who I was as she looks right past Brooklyn and at me, maybe she was trying to work out how much of a threat I could be? Or she knew I was his protector and was trying to size me up for when they did strike.

"We should get going." I say putting my glass down and standing up from my stall, I notice the smile drop off Brooklyn face when he thinks something is wrong and I was trying to end the night early.

"We can drive around for a bit, maybe go get ice cream again." Brooklyn stands up to leaving his glass with mine the smile returning to his face.

"Ice cream sounds like a great idea." I make sure we head towards the exit away from the woman, even going as far as checking over my shoulder again as we exit to make sure she wasn't following us to the car.

It seemed like she had given up, no sign of her following us as we reach the car, while Brooklyn hold the door open for me.

I give the parking lot one last check, the last thing we need is someone to grab him while I was inside the car, although there was nothing around that looked out of place or strange something still didn't feel right.

***

Hope you enjoyed vote or comment to tell me you did.

I did accidentally put this up for a few seconds yesterday without meaning to as it was not finished, I was trying to clean some cake off my laptop and pressed publish... Note to self-don't eat cake while writing.