08

"Do you know what happened today?" He asked standing up and walking closer.

      "Nicole and I went for a hike in the woods." I said tucking my cut open hand behind my back.

   "Well,let me be the one to entertain you with what really happened," he began slowly,"reports were playing at work today and it turns out,someone saw you guys. They thought it was Summer and Rebecca. But of course,those two girls are gone. Now,tell me the truth-what were you doing up there?" He hissed between his teeth,his face turning red.

    "We were climbing up the rocks to the top,to have a picnic. There is nothing wrong with that,is there?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

    He smacked me across the face and threw me into the wall.

  "Quit lying Autumn! Or else you'll be dead!" He yelled becoming even more angry.

   "I told you already, we had a picnic!" I screamed back, ignoring my throbbing head.

    "That's it! You're spending the night in the basement!" He screamed before grabbing a key and unlocking the basement door.

   I gagged as I smelt the horrible odor as the man shoved me closer to the door.

  "There's a small mattress and some old food down there. If you're lucky there will be a working flashlight. Do not, go in the large freezer." He screamed before pushing me down the stairs.

     I tumbled down the stairs before landing at the bottom and quickly got to my feet. The smell was horrible. I gagged and turned to the side and threw up before trying to walk somewhere to the bed.

     I tripped on something on the floor and nearly screamed before I realized I made it to the mattress. I rummaged around the small shelves that were around the bed and gasped when I felt the flashlight in my hands. My hands were shaking as I flipped the switch and smiled as a small beam of light came out. I glanced around and nearly threw up again, when I saw blood on the floor,and in a corner was a skeleton with old clothes on it. I screamed and ran back to the stairs, tripping up them. I pounded my fists against the door letting out screams to be let out.I sat down on the steps in defeat and I began crying until I had no more tears left,and my face was stiff. I stood up and staggered down the stairs,my head pounding,and picked the flashlight up from the floor,before returning to the small mattress.

    There was no air conditioning down here,and it was starting to get hot. I figured if I opened the freezer it would get cool down here,just a little. Despite the mans rule to not open the freezer,I staggered over to the freezer and pulled it open. The stench hit me like a slap in the face. I nearly threw up again,but kept it down. I peered inside with the flashlight and almost screamed. Bodies,of human girls laid in the large freezer,each of them frozen solid. On the shelves,human remains sat including,arms,legs,and a strange box which I opened to find broken teeth. I put it all back and slammed the freezer door shut,the stench filling the basement. I would face the heat rather than the freezer full of..humans.

   I walked back over to the mattress and looked for some food on the shelves when I found a small notebook. The pages were slightly yellow,and the whole thing was covered in dust. An old pen sat next to it,and after taking a another quick glance around,I opened the journal and began to read.

   Dear Journal,

    It's been nearly 3 days since he's locked me down here. I hear voices now,telling me the end is near and I can be at peace. I don't want to be left in peace, I want to get out and find my family again. It's been 2 weeks since my kidnapping and I've seen the news before he locked me down here. They think that I have run away. They need to keep looking! There isn't much to eat down here, so I've decided to keep it for the next unlucky girl. If you are reading this, I want you I write in here,on your own little page. I must go now,he's coming for another round of punching and kicking!

-Hayley Winters

  I closed the small little journal,not wanting to read anymore of the pages. I would just have to write my own and read the rest later.

   My stomach was growling with hunger and I began searching for food when I found a loose spot of the wall. I pushed it open,to reveal a bunch of brand new food. Pringles,soda,Twinkies,large bags of chips, and bottled water. A small note lay to the side of it and I picked it up.

   Here's some fresh food for whoever is down here. I am the woman and trust me, I do not like how he keeps you girls down here. It's not proper care. Don't eat all of it now,there will be many girls after you.

    I put the note back in its position and picked out the can of Pringles and ate some. I knew I should eat more,but I couldn't. I stashed everything back into the small opening and placed the small covering back on it. I layed my head down on the mattresses and laid there listening the sounds coming from upstairs. It sounded like they were getting ready for dinner,or maybe getting a movie ready.

    I flipped over and cringed as I saw the skeleton and flipped over again. The sight of the freezer still haunted me,and I honestly didn't want to be down here any longer. I could not wait until these people were arrested.
----
Hey guys!

Here's the next chapter and I hope you enjoy!! Next chapter should be up soon! And I would just like to add,thank you all for 90+ reads!

  I love you all so much!

Bye!

:)

-Xxstars_moonxX