Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Mission 7: Nosy Bunny

Since then, Adam had never let me tag along anywhere. 'Guard the house,' he'd say. As if the house needed it. On the outside, it looked like an ordinary rich man's house, no different from the lines of mansions on the Upper District.

A couple posed as owners and managed some of the legal establishments in the city. It came to me as a surprise that they have a business in line with the law. Yet, inside the high walls, it was filled with men, not too many to arouse suspicion, but not too little to call 'regular working folks'.

One week passed, and I entertained myself, impatiently waiting for my 'big break', as Adam teased. Big enough to give him what I want. I also researched my past thanks to their high-end computer system. I got nothing.

There were periodic trends of missing girls, but the leads branched to hundreds. I was not even halfway through it, every case heading to a dead end.

Every time they leave, I'd always look from my window. It's always Inno and Q who'd wave goodbye as if they knew I was watching. Then followed by the brothers with their monkey grins. 'Sucks to be you.' I already closed the blinds in annoyance just before Adam left with a sarcastic grin.

On one of the nights I was left behind, I couldn't force myself to sleep. A faint rattle and a twisting knob caused me to open my eyes. I counted the sneaky steps, and before they reached my bed, I pulled out the gun and the knife under my pillow directly at the newcomer's forehead.

"Who the fuck are you?" I asked in a whisper.

Another shadow was standing by the door. I threw my knife at the stranger on the door. He was obviously hit as something fell, followed by a faint squishy thud. The figure managed to switch on the light.

My gun was kissing Inno's forehead, and Q was holding onto his bleeding hand. On his feet was a fallen cake in its glorious deformation.

"We're sorry we woke you," Inno's voice squeaked like a cornered mouse. "Please don't shoot me."

"What the hell are you doing in my room?!"

He quickly looked up with red ears. "Your clothes..." Then he cleared his throat.

"Your fault." I pulled the blanket to cover the black nighties as thin as air.

"Is it safe now?" he asked. Q was grinning behind him despite the wound, enjoying the flustered comrade.

"Yeah."

"Q and I wanted to surprise you. We always leave you behind. And we thought we'd throw you a party."

"For what?"

"A welcome party." He smiled, unknowingly using the innocent charm. It worked. "Although it's too late, I guess."

A pang of guilt hit me. Instead of shooing them away, I offered to clean Q's wound after I wore 'safe' clothes. Inno cleaned the mess like a happy boy waiting for something fun to start.

Might as well interrupted, I volunteered to cook for them. We went down the kitchen and haunted the pantry like hungry, vengeful ghosts. One of the perks living with the mafia is convenience from a modern kitchen, a wide variety of spices, and a complete supply of almost everything.

"What are we gonna cook?"

"I will cook," I insisted and gestured to the counter stools with my head. "Sit."

They obeyed like good boys. While I cut the meat and they watched, our little cooking show was interrupted by Bino, fresh from the shower with only a gloriously tiny blue towel covering him. He was manly alright, with a few chest hair tracing down beneath there.