Chapter 14 : Future Alpha

Chapter 14: Future Alpha

Previously...
"I haven't seen Crystal for several days and I've notice that she's no longer following around those two fake orange barbie dolls anymore." Blake raises an eyebrow at my use of insults.

"She's just gone like... Missing."
_____________________
Avery's POV

As I head out of Sher's room and lean on the side of the wall. I ponder about the situations at hand. Firstly rogues have been sighted... Some non-kidnapped Alpha mate... And crystal has gone missing...

That's when it hit me. The rogues could've taken Crystal as they most likely mistook her for Chloe, as she does follow her around. If that's the case I have to tell someone but who...

'The Alpha! Tell your alpha!' Celestial half shouts in my head.

'Oh yeah, you haven't met my alpha yet... Have you Celest....'

'So...'

'He's messed up in the head. On several occasions, he has tried to sell some omega's to different pack as slaves. One time when he was worse, he attacked a pregnant mother and killed her pup. He won't let anyone leave the pack unless he banishes them. That's why mum wanted a separate house so he doesn't come near us, it was the least she could do for us...' I explain to her, sadly. 'In any case, I would rather not get near him or even let him know of my existence.'

'I can see why.' She growls angrily. 'We need to teach him a lesson.'

'I wish we could, but we got other things to think of remember... Crystal.'

'Hmm... What about Chloe,' she suggests, but I turn it down straight away.

'Not a good idea, she absolutely hates me. She won't listen to anything I would say without abusing me. Plus I doubt she actually even cares about anyone but Sam.'

'That's it! Sam, he's the future Alpha, he's surely better in the head than his dad,' Celest states like she just solved all of the world's problems. 'Hey! I am a worlds genius, thank you very much.' She remarks.

I chuckle and decide that telling Sam would be the best idea that we have, we don't have many options, I'm just hoping he's not with Chloe. I decided to search the pack hall first as it would be the most likely place he would be at the moment unless he's out in town with the humans.

I head towards the kitchen first, only to find Harry sitting at the table with a sandwich in his hand. He notices my presence and looks up, a grin automatically finds the way onto his face. I offer a polite one back as I was in a rush to find Sam.

"Hey Avery wanna try my new invention," he states cheekily," it's called 'Shia La Beef.'"

I chuckle at the name before responding with, "I would love to sometime later, but I'm looking for the Future Alpha right now."

"Future Alpha? Who... Oh! You mean Sam, why do you call his that? I know he is future alpha but you don't have to be respectful about it yet. Not until he's actually alpha."

"That's what I thought but I got yelled at earlier today by a guard for calling him Sam," I explain casually to him.

"Oh... Well last I saw him was in the banquet hall, I think he was organizing something." Yes, you heard right a banquet hall. I thank him quickly, before running off towards the hall we hold celebrations or 'Alpha graduations' as we call them. When I arrive I quietly knock on the door and after hearing a 'come in' I open the large oak doors to reveal a half decorated hall with Sam standing in the middle of it with a clipboard. I walk over to him but before I can say anything he rudely says, "Oh, it's you. What do you want?" Sometimes I wonder if he actually knows my name.

"I just thought you might want to know that I realized that one of the members has been missing for the last few days... Ever since the rouge appearance."

"How do you know about the rouges?!" He half yells, and surprisingly I don't flinch at his harsh tone. I guess my mind is other places at the moment.

"Everyone knows they were near the border." After hearing that we didn't know about the note, he relaxes from his previous tense state.

"Oh, and who may this member be?"

"A young girl, she hangs out with Chloe, her name is Crystal," as soon as he hears her name he tenses up again.

"Why should I care about her?! She could go die for all I care," he spits out angrily.

"What! Why?" Why would he be acting this way? I thought he wasn't as bad as his dad. I thought maybe he might actually care about what happens to this pack.

"She disrespected the future Luna and refused to accept her as her future leader," After hearing this I was in shock, Crystal was always the quiet girl who just followed Chloe around doing whatever she told her to do. I am not sure why she reacted that way, but I guess she must of had a good reason for it.

"I am not talking about this any further, I have plans to finish," he rudely says before pushing me out of the hall.

With this additional information in mind, I decide there is only one place to go.

My secret clearing out past the border's edge. This is normally the place where I go to think or when I get stressed out. Even though it's a bit dangerous having that it's past the border, but it's pretty hidden and hard to catch a scent around it. I don't know why but it's my place. It's within a cave, which the entrance is hidden by vines and once you exit the cave you come to a small clearing with a crystal lake and bright green grass. Light filters through small cracks in the rocks, giving enough light to see clearly, but also the effect of light streaking through the cave.

Just before I enter the cave, I hear a slight sound. I feel a nagging sense flying around in my stomach or was that my gut. I decided to focus all my hearing and senses into my surroundings. I listen to the breeze brushing against the leaves and the faraway sound of the lake. Just as I think that it was just my imagination I hear it again...

"He-... Help."

This voice! It has to be...

_____________________

I'm sorry to leave it there but I love writing cliffhangers, although I definitely hate when you have to wait to figure out what happens next so I will hopefully finish my next chapter soon. And the next chapter will be really big! Let me tell you. I can't wait to start writing it.

Thanks, guys for reading. The reads literally doubled since the last chapter. So thanks again. Hope you like it so far. :)

See you next chapter (hopefully)
~W