Chapter 10

It was Monday, but because of some inservice there was no school. I was still feeling terrible at the whole Clyde thing and didn't really want to get out of my room. There was a knock on the door and I looked at my clock to see it was 11:30a.m. "Come in."

"You still sleeping?" My mom said shocked and had to look at her watch to make sure of the time. I wish I was sleeping. "Brenda and Clyde are coming over." She said and I looked straight in her face as I openly sighed.

"I'm not feeling to well." I said honestly. She stayed in my room quiet for a moment before leaving without another word.

I heard the front door open nearly an hour later and I tried eavesdropping on what was being said. I heard my mom mention my name and something about me being sick but that's all I heard. I loved how my room was on the first floor, but I still never was able to hear everything. My hearing wasn't the best either.

After about another 30 minutes I was starting to feel hungry but not hungry enough to actually leave my room. I was still in bed, yes I was still feeling down on myself, but I was playing this addictive app game on my phone. It's Bengi Bananas, where you swing this little monkey on vines collecting bananas, trying to keep him from falling. My highscore was getting to level 4, but everytime you fall, you have to start from the beginning. It was irritating, but addicting nonetheless.

I heard a knock on the door again, "Come in." I said in a very monotone voice, trying to sell my sickness to my mom. She would force me out if I was fine.

"Hey." A male's voice said and I almost screamed. I snapped my head up to see Clyde closing the door behind him and standing awkwardly. I sat up in bed, ditching my phone, and pulling my messy curls into a ponytail.

"Hi." I almost questioned staring at him. After a couple of seconds I motioned for him to sit at my computer chair next to my desk, which was right beside my bed. He pulled out the chair and sat facing me and even though we were in two different areas we were almost face to face.

"Um," He scratched the back of his neck looking down. He seemed embarrassed which only made me feel uncomfortable. "I'm sorry." He paused, "About what I said yesterday." I looked at him confused, trying to register what he was saying. Clyde, was apologizing? He didn't apologize. He didn't feel bad about what he did or said. I looked out my window to see the flying pigs, but there was none. What in the world was happening to the world.

However, his news actually made me pretty stoked. I wanted to just forget the whole incident, and he was allowing that to happen. I smiled brightly before saying, "It's fine." I shouldn't be forgiving him this quick, I know. But my inner self would not allow me to hold a grudge. No matter what. But seeing that I was always being forced into seeing him more, maybe this would mean that we could be civil, and he wouldn't always be so mean.

Hey if that means I'm crying less, I'll take it.

He smirked back flashing a dimple, and he seemed to feel a lot less awkward himself. "So, who is Rick anyways?" Clyde asked, his face becoming serious. I rolled my eyes dramatically and threw a pillow at him.

"He sits with Dani and me at lunch." He grabs the pillow and I laugh at his surprised face. I got him good.

"Oh that's funny is it?" He gets up and climbs up on the bed. I laugh in a scared sort of way before trying to crawl away. He grabs my ankle and turns me around. He then swings his leg over my hips, almost craddling me and I try to push him off laughing. He's smiling too, but he manages to grab both my wrists in one of his hands and pins them above me.

My laughter dies down as I realize I can't move and in a pretty exposed position with my arms pinned above me. I feel my shirt is above my bellybutton and start to panic a bit. Clyde looks into my eyes with his usual uncaring expression and it's hard to tell what exactly is it he's feeling. It's always hard to tell what he's feeling, and to be honest, it scares me a bit.

"Why are you dating him?" He asks, again I can't read anything but the intensity of his stare.

"Because I like him. Is there an issue?" I tried shifting my wrists in a way to tell him to let go, but he didn't.

It got quiet, and his stare bore into me. I shifted my entire body this time, really not liking the situation. He sighed, letting go of my wrists, and got off of me. "I guess not." He mumbled, almost to himself before going back to the chair.

I sat up, fixing my shirt and I fixed a pillow behind me to give him my full attention.

"So, I'm guessing you really aren't sick." He finally said looking down. I was able to breathe, now that his full attention wasn't on me. I know girls complain about guys not listening, but I felt that this boy observed too much. I don't like the idea of being fully assessed, it's like he knows more about me than I do. That's kind of spooky.

"Well I'm not feeling completely great to be honest."

"What's wrong?" He asked almost imediately after.

I thought about saying 'nothing'. But I mean, I just said I wasn't feeling good. That's not even the best lie when you are pretending to be fine. "Don't worry about it." That seemed like the better option. "So how have you been?" I didn't want to give him the opportunity to pry an answer out of me.

"Horrible." His answer shocked me. Usually people just say good. And he didn't seem to be any worse off than his usual cold self. "Your room is messier than I expected from you." I guess he didn't want to talk about himself either.

I looked around at like the 2 articles of clothing that were laying on the floor. There was also a few hair products and the pillow that I threw at him. Maybe it was a bit dusty but my room was perfect beyond that. "What are you talking about?" I asked after my full inspection.

"Well it's not terrible. I just always expected you to be a clean freak." He looked around himself. I thought back to how his room had looked like. It was very clean, actually. Just the torn money making it look sort of unkempt.

"Sorry to shatter your expectations?" I questioned, not sure how to respond to that.

He smiled. "It's fine, you're not too bad a person." I frowned. I wasn't a bad person period.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically. My stomach growled right then and there, and my face became red. I looked at him with wide eyes, feeling like a deer caught in a headlight. That is so embarassing.

His smile grew. "Someone's hungry." He got up, fixing his jeans. He walked to the door leaving me a bit confused. Why is he just leaving? He looked back at me with the open door in his hand. "Are you coming?"

Without another word I scrambled off my bed and followed him out. We walked into my kitchen ignoring 'the moms' eyes, and to the fridge.

"Let's see what you got in here." He opened my refridgerator to examine its contents. I looked at his back and smiled. This was probably the most I've ever even heard him talk. He was always so quiet. "You want a sandwich?" He turned around and I quickly looked down, noticing that I had been staring. "They are pretty quick."

"Perfection." I gave him the okay symbol with my hand and went to sit down and watch him work.

It was weird seeing him assemble the sandwiches. This was the stone hearted, heart-breaking, player boy. Currently in my kitchen, making sandwiches. It didn't fit. Everyone who looked at him knew he had an amazing scowl, he was unapproachable.

And yet, although there was no smile, he looked perfectly content with making the sandwiches. Well I guess it made some sense. He had to be at least somewhat of a charmer to actually get girls, right?

After a couple more minutes, he grabbed the two plates, a cup full of apple juice, and the other cup was held in his mouth. He set the plates down, one across from the other, and gave me the juice in his hand and placed the other on his side.

"I present my most beautiful creation. Here we have whole wheat bread, mayonaisse of the highest degree, delectable yellow American cheese, and sexy slow smoked turkey ham." He bowed and I laughed.

"You're a corn ball." I took a bite out of my 'super amazing' sandwich.

"Of the highest degree!" He added. I laughed again and choked on my sandwich. Instead of making sure I was okay he laughed himself. "That's what you get, hoe."

"Of the highest degree!" I mocked and continued laughing. Then a piece of ham was launched dead center on my face. He gave the most hearty genuine laugh I've ever heard from him and I laughed with him eating the ham from my face.

We continued eating and laughing about stupid stuff until we were finished.

"Some people are having fun." I jumped at the voice. Turning around in my seat was my mom and his mom in the doorway.

"Only of the highest degree mother." I said in a dignified way and smiled at Clyde who was smiling back, trying to hide it by taking a drink.

They gave each other a confused look but seemed to shake it off. "Well, I hate to spoil such amazing fun, but we got to go Clyde." Brenda said and my smile left. Part of me wanted to make the childish 'AWWW!' sound, but decided against it.

Instead I stood up to take away our plates and cups. "See you in school." I said simply.

"See ya." He replied and they left.

After I left the kitchen I headed to my room where my mom was standing with a smirk on her face. "Nothing is going on. We were just laughing, that doesn't mean we are a couple." I said already knowing what she was going to say with that face. I ignored her and went into my room without another word.

Thankfully school had gone great so far. Nobody bugged me, especially not Clyde's little rapist friends, and now was time for lunch. I was starving.

"Soooo. You two. How are 'you two' doing?" Dani asked referring to me and Rick. I looked over at him who gave me a small smile. I smiled back. Damn his gorgeous face.

"Pretty good. If I do say so myself." I said. And Rick agreed.

"Hey guys!" Amanda called and came up to us placing her lunch at the edge of the table but not sitting down.

"Hi Amanda!" I smiled back. I was in such a great mood.

"So, party this weekend. You came to the last one, and now I'm way more hopeful." She beamed.

"Nope!" I said quickly remembering how bad the last one was. "They can go if they want." I looked over at my other two friends. Well one was sort of more I guess.

"Nah, I'm partied out." Dani said. Amanda nodded in understanding and left with her lunch.

"Well I guess I'm out of the equation." Rick said, and Dani and I laughed. "Whatever, I didn't want to party anyways. So, not trying to be a guy, but I need to talk to other guys about guy stuff." Rick said and left with his lunch. I laughed. He was always himself.

"Good. I wanted to talk to you." I said, and Dani perked up. "So I think Clyde is my friend now." I smiled. She frowned.

"I don't dislike him girly, but I'm just not trying to see you cry." She took a huge bite out of her pizza and sipped some of her soda at the same time. So classy.

"Do you think I should stay away?" I asked honestly, and looked over at Clyde. He was watching one of his friends who was being pretty animated in telling a story, I presumed. Everyone laughed and Clyde just chuckled. I preferred seeing him laugh like a maniac. It was a nice contagious laugh.

Dani was quiet, obviously thinking about my question. "Actually no. I'm all up for taking risks. Especially when it's a risk that causes you to face your biggest personal issue." She settled on and shook her head, approving what she said. "But more importantly, I'm still waiting for the details of your date!" She hit my arm.

I completely forgot about that. Wow, my mind was on the wrong matters. After giving her a watered down version of the date, lunch was finally over. I could tell she didn't like how simple my story was. She was a girl for details.

In my second to last class of the day, Clyde and his friend Julian sat in the back, along with one of Clyde's other friend, who's name I do not know. They had a huge swarm of girls around them, which was to be expected. The girls in my school were like flies on a cow's butt. And these cows were probably the best breed in this particular class.

"Okay, class is starting." My teacher called our attention and everyone got quiet. He was well liked. "So we are going to start a project, pick your partners. Two per group, and I'll give you your packets afterwards.

I looked back at Julian who seemed bummed. I remembered how he wanted tutoring. I didn't have much bravery, I didn't like being in the open because if I cried then, how was I supposed to cope? But I knew he wouldn't approach me for this.

I sighed swallowing my pride and walked over to the back. Many heads turned, I'll say that much. Clyde looked confused as hell, but I wasn't here for him. "So, we're working together." I told Julian and his face lit up a bit but he acted cool about it.

"Alright." He said, and Clyde had such a 'WTF?' face it was great. It was like getting back at him. He obviously didn't like this. But that's his nonsensical problem. I also took note of the girls looking me up and down with a stank look.

I hated the attention and went back to my seat feeling the looks burning into my back. If their eyes were daggers I'd probably be dead. Even the teacher looked shocked. Was it really that bad? He gave me the packet, and then everyone started talking again and I heard the girls talk about me.

Well sh!t. I told him we were going to be partners on a project, not that I was gonna suck his d!ck.

"You did what!?" Was Dani's reaction when I asked her if it was really that bad. I guess I'm officially oblivious. "Well yeah, only because, now people are going to think you like him and that there's something going on, and the girl population is going to like you a lot less. And Clyde probably doesn't want you hanging out with his friends."

That actually all hadn't came to mind. But of course. Clyde probably wouldn't want me to hang out with his friends. And Julian has a pretty bad streak and considering what his other two friends pulled on me, Clyde probably thinks I'm an idiot. Not to mention that I'd be in the gossip for a bit.

I grabbed my hair and sighed. "I'm so stupid."

"Don't worry. It'll work itself out." Dani said with so much confidence it actually made me feel better. "I got your back chica." She gave me a thumbs up.

So much for my perfect day. I just managed to change it into a very possible terrible week.