Chapter 29

It was 2 days before Clyde left to his university. After the moment in the park, Clyde took me home without another word. I could not even form words as the only thing in my mind was the fact that he cared. And I don't know what was on his mind, but I guess there was nothing else he had to say either.

I haven't necessarily been avoiding him these past two weeks, but I certainly haven't been replying to his texts, answering his calls, or going over with my mom to his house.

Not that I didn't want to see him, I just felt like... I didn't know. I didn't know what I felt like. Maybe that I'd be sad knowing he's going to go. I would have to say good bye. It was stupid, I was stupid, my stubborn mind only brought me so far. I also knew I would regret not seeing him after he left. But I already promised my mom I would go to their farewell party.

So I was spending my night, eating ice cream, cliche I know, and watching cartoons while my mom and dad were over at work.

My heart jumped as I heard 3 knocks on the door. It was well over 11:00 and I wasn't expecting anybody. Maybe it was a stalker who knew my parents weren't home and came to rape me. I grabbed the handle of an umbrella right beside the door, but didn't lift it. I opened the door a bit to see Clyde.

Dropping the umbrella I opened the door wider. My face scrunched in confusion, I looked over his features to find any bruises. "Shocked to not see my beat up this time?" He smirked before entering my house without an invitation. his hair was badly ruffled, but still managed to look nice on him. "Or are you just shocked to see me?" He plopped down on the spot I was just sat at and his smirk became a frown.

"Why are you here?" I closed the door, locking it, before making my way over. My tone came off a lot harsher than I intended, but it was already said.

"I think your phone is broken," He looked at the screen of his phone with a questioning stare before replacing it in his pocket, "And you also disappeared off the face of the planet." He looked at me seriously and pat the spot on the couch next to him.

I walked over, my face getting heated. I guess I should have predicted he would confront me about my avoiding him. But I hadn't, so this took me by surprise making me feel really nervous and awkward. "Sorry about that um," I sat down, not so close to him, "I just." My mouth felt dry. I didn't know what to say about my actions.

"You just?" He urged me to continue on.

I sighed heavily. "Can we not do this?" I pleaded. I wasn't even sure why I thought avoiding him was the best option.

He sighed then too and got up. "Fine." He looked down at me. "Sorry." He started to walk away.

"Wait, where are you going?" I grabbed onto his hand. "Don't leave." What's wrong with me? "Sit." I led him back to where he was and moved closer to him. "I was just sad I guess. That you're leaving. And I thought avoiding you was the best thing to do."

"That's a funny solution. You are sad that I'm leaving, so you choose to not see me while I'm still here." He was smiling in a way that made fun of my nonsensical approach. Common sense sometimes eluded me. I managed to smile back though and poke him in his dumb dimple, that I'm sure I'd miss. "One day you're going to try and poke me and I'm going to bite your finger off."

He frowned and I laughed. "You wouldn't do that to me." I smiled and poked him in his cheek. He wasn't smiling to show off his dimples, but I could still poke him anyways. His face showed so much annoyance I couldn't help but laugh.

I squealed loudly as his arms came around me and he pulled me to him, tickling me like crazy. "STOP!" I yelled as I was laughing uncontrolably.

"No." He said simply and continued his assault. I couldn't move my arms or kick him and felt completely hopeless as I laughed. If I peed myself I would never forgive him.

"PLEASE!" I yelled, trying my hardest to get out of his iron grip. "PLEASEEE!" I yelled again super unhappy despite my laughing.

He did what I didn't think he would and actually let me go. "I should show you no mercy." He didn't remove his arms from around me, so I was laying on top of him on the couch in a hugging manner.

I wrapped my arms around him, snuggling the side of my head into his chest. My smile faded, but not to a frown. "I'm gonna miss you, you know?" I was looking at the television, which was currently playing Tom and Jerry. "Even though we've had so many fights in the past." I rolled my eyes smiling at the thought.

"I'm gonna miss you too." And then he chuckled a bit. "I will never understand how you can always be so nice even when I wasn't."

"Ha. Maybe it's because I'm just so loving." I teased.

He shifted in his seat causing me to sit up. We were still pretty close together and his greens eyes pierced into mine with a fiery darkness. "Do you love me?"

Time slowed down, in that exact moment. My heartbeat sped up as my breath caught in my throat. And in that split second where time slowed down and I couldn't even think straight, I let the words flow, "I do." My voice cracked, and he immediately grabbed my face with both of his hands before smashing his lips onto mine.

His lips were firm, and soft, and warm, and perfect. His tongue grazed my bottom lip and I willingly let him in, letting our tongues join in a tango, both perfect for eachother. If I didn't think sparks didn't matter before, that was out of the window as my whole body was in electrified euphoria.

Tears streamed down the side of my face, despite myself in excitement. Clyde detatched himself from me, and I was breathing incredibly hard. He wiped my eyes, and I giggled slightly about the whole tears deal, "I love you." He said and moved back in to kiss me.

Although my heart was already beating fast, those words coming from his mouth caused it to beat even faster. I couldn't believe anything right now, this moment felt so surreal.

He finally moved away and stood up. I felt extremely sad as the contact between us disconnected. Why are you standing? Why did you depart? "I have to go home." He looked even sadder about this than me.

"I'll see you at your party." My legs felt weak and I knew it wouldn't do me well to stand.

"I better see you there." He smirked at me, referring to how I disappeared these two weeks. "And when I leave I promise to visit." He winked before leaving. And just like that he was gone. I felt so alone. How could I survive when he left for real?

I could not imagine it.