Chapter 8

My alarm woke me up early in the morning way before it was time for school. I waked into my closet and changed into a black sports bra, a black tank top, red training pants, and my red and black running shoes.  I made my way downstairs and made myself eggs with toast. I ate my breakfast and grabbed my bag. I put a couple of water bottles in it and some extra clothes. I got my keys for my Ducati and left my house. I got on my motorcycle and rode off towards the gym. I got there and was immediately welcomed by Mitch.

"What the hell are you doing here? Your supposed to be at school," he said,"I can't go today it's important," I don't tell Mitch about my private life other than my street fighting life and even though this has to do with my street fighting life he can't get hurt so I'm not telling him. He looked at me hesitantly before letting me go in. I walked straight to an area in the back and put a mat down. I started doing push-ups and stopped when my arms were killing me. I then started doing sit ups and stopped when my abs were also killing me. I put a bar between a door opening and started doing pull-ups even though my arms were killing me from doing push-ups. After those I got on a treadmill and started running. After running a good hour I got on the bike and started pedaling. After another good hour I went to the punching bag and started punching the bag.

After two hours of punching the bag I sat down on a bench and drank down my water. I grabbed another water from my bag and drank that one down too. After my break I went over to Mitch's office and knocked on his door.

"Come in," I heard. I walked in and Mitch was behind his desk typing on his computer. "Mitch I was wondering if I can have they key to the knife and gun room," I said. Mitch immediately stopped what he was doing and looked over at me with wide eyes. "Why do you want to go there?" He asks,"I want to train with them you know just in case I need to," I said. He hesitantly nodded and gave me the keys. I thanked him and went over to the room in the far right. If you looked close enough you could see a door but you couldn't really see it because it's the same color as the walls.

I went over to the door and unlocked it. I opened the door and closed it behind me. I immediately went over to the knives. Knives are my specialty so I'm better with them than I am with guns. I grabbed a small pocket knife and went over to a manican. I started knifing it in all the most possible ways.

After I was done with the knives I went to the guns and grabbed a hand gun and a pistol. I put on ear plugs and with both guns in my hand I shot with both of them. The hand gun shot the dummy on the left in the head and the pistol shot the dummy on the right in the heart. After my session is over I get out lock the door and walk back to Mitch's office. I knock on his door and wait.

"Come in," I hear him say. I walk in and put his keys on his desk. "I'm leaving Mitch I'll see you next time," I say. He waves me off and I leave heading towards my motorcycle. I get on and drive off to my house. When I get there I open my door and walk towards me messy kitchen. I sighed and grabbed a water bottle from my bag. I drank it and sat down on the floor. I rubbed my face and put my face in my hands. I got up went to my room and changed into navy blue skinny jeans, a black plain shirt, and my black vans. The doorbell rang and I groaned. I left my room and opened the door. To my surprise Austin was standing there smiling.

"Hey so since I saw the mess from yesterday I was wondering if you wanted any help," he said,"Um no I got it, but thanks," I said. He frowned,"I mean I can help you with anything really," I sighed,"Fine," he grinned in victory and walked in. We both instantly got to work in the living room.

"Hey what's this?" I hear Austin say. I look over at him to see him digging into into the back of a drawer. I walk over to him and see that he pulled out a small box. "Do you know what this is?" He asks. I shake my head no and reach out for the box. I grab it from him and open it. Inside there is a lot of pictures of my parents and a baby. I now that baby isn't me because it has brown eyes instead of my green ones and I already now what I look like as a baby. I have a picture in my closet that's of me as a baby. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned it around. On the bottom is my moms handwriting it says my baby and below it, it says love mum. Now I'm really confused what the hell is this? I shook my head and took out all the photos. On the bottom of the box there is. Note and it's directed to me. I open it up and read it.

Dear Lesley,

I don't know if your going to be reading this when me and your dad are gone or not, but we just want to say that we kept him from you all this time for your own good. You may hate us for keeping this from you, but I love you just know that. We had our reasons to keep this from you I just hope you'll forgive us. You might or might not be reading this when you find him or not, but you will soon if you haven't yet. Me and your dad love you Lesley just remember that.

Love,
Your mum and dad

I'm confused who is him? Who am I going to meet. Is it the baby in the picture. I hope I'll figure it out soon.

"What's that?" I turn to Austin and say,"Nothing just old memories," he nods as if understanding and goes back to cleaning. I put back the stuff in the box and put it on the coffee table. I went back to cleaning and trying to save anything that was left.

After it starts getting dark me and Austin decide to go to a small diner about three minutes away from my house, so we walk. When we get to the diner we go to a booth with a window next to it and sat down.

"So have you figured out who did that to your house," Austin asked,"No," I half lied. I know it's S I just don't know who S is. He nodded and we went back to silence. "How's James and your mom?" I asked,"They're good,","That's good," he was about to say something but a waiter came over.

"Hello I'm Mathew and I'll be your server today what would you like?" Mathew said. "I would like the cheeseburger, some curly fries, and a coke," Austin said. Mathew nodded and wrote it down. "And what would you like miss," he said, "I would like the same thing," I said. He stared at me a little longer than usual. His eyes flickered to my chest and back to my face. I snapped my fingers in his face and he snapped out of it,"Sorry I will go get that for you," he left and I looked over to Austin. He was glaring at the waiter as he left. "Austin are you okay?" I ask him. He looked I've at me and nodded.

"So why weren't at school today," he asks. "I wasn't at school today because I had something to do with my parents," I lied. He nodded,"Well you didn't really miss anything," I nodded. "So I haven't seen your dad anywhere," I say. His face hardens and he says,"That's because he doesn't live with us I don't even know what he looks like he left my mom when he found out she was pregnant with me,","Well he doesn't know what he is missing," I said trying to lighten up the mood and it works because he gives me a small smile. The food came over and we started eating. Mathew came over with our drinks and I saw him slip something in my hand.

"That man over there wanted me to give you this," he said. I looked over to where he pointed at and saw a man wearing all black. He didn't have a mask and I noticed it was the same guy that gave me the note at the other diner. The waiter walked off and I looked back to Austin. He gave me a questioning look, but I just ignored him. I put the paper in my back pocket and we went back to eating. After the diner we went our separate ways waving each other goodbye. He went to his house and I went to mine.

Once I reached my house I went inside and went to my room. I pulled out my duffel bag from under my bed. It's a good thing they didn't ruin this. I put the bag on the floor next to me and I took out the note from my back pocket. I opened it up and it read.

Today was your last day be prepared - S

I sighed and went into my closet. I managed to find black sweat pants and a black tank top. I climbed into my barely salvageable bed and fell asleep dreading tomorrow.