Eighteen - We Have Guests

(JAXON SPEAKING)

(JAXON SPEAKING)

"Hey, you're back early," I said looking up at Robin as he came down the stairs.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you can thank Kellan for that one," he grumbled.

"Why? What did he do now?" I inquired slightly intrigued.

"The pipes for the sprinkler system in the English class burst open raining water all over the place. So my afternoon class was canceled, which I'm not all that disappointed about. But the water fountain somehow magically busted a pipe and spewed water down the hall as well. When I peeked in on the basketball court before I left, the gym was covered with a layer of water. The janitor was on a tear to try and mop it all up before it 'wrecked the wood floors' as he put it. Coach was there helping too. He told me to let you know our game is canceled tonight."

"You know Kellan has a way of annoying me, and getting under my skin without even trying. I was looking forward to blowing some steam off on the court today too. Maybe we can render a little payback on him with some of the free time he's given us," I couldn't help smiling at that thought.

"Speaking of Mr. Annoying," he commented.

"You're kidding me there's more?"

"Yeah, well, you know I ran into Sage and Wren."

I nodded.

"Kellan was already there with the two of them. Now, don't get me wrong, Wren was sick, but there was something off about their whole story. I don't know what it was, though. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I see Kellan, and I can't get past wanting to punch him in the head."

I laughed, "Yeah, funny how that's my reaction to him too. But he's given me lots of reason to feel that way with him running interference between Wren and I. Speaking of which, I haven't heard back from her yet. I was thinking of stopping by her place with a gift for her and Sage. Then maybe swing by Kellan's on the way back. Want to join?"

He stretched, then cracked his fingers. "Yeah, I'm definitely in for some fun."

"