Welcome to Paradise?

Julie struggled to her feet, or at least her still-working left foot. Unfortunately, she collapsed as she had difficult standing on the numb leg. In fact, it was nearly impossible. She struggled to hop on her left foot, making her way over to one of the deer that remained. Said deer was eating the grass, not once forgetting about the rider that once sat on his back. Her grunts caught the deer's attention, which recognized that she did not pose a threat if she could barely walk.

She collapsed out of frustration and pulled a Band-Aid, a gauze pad and some Neosporin out of her utility belt pouch. She reached down to her right shin and position the gauze pad right near the dart before pulling it out. A grunt escaped her lips until she poured some of her canteen water onto the wound.

She cleaned and dressed the wound before standing up. She couldn't see the attackers anymore and quickly realized her window of opportunity to chase them had closed. But instead, she turned her attention to the dazed enemy coming to not too far from her. She didn't have time to get up. Instead, she crawled over to him and socked him on the jaw. Ginger ran up and tore the man's arm brace off while Julie lashed his hands together.

"I WILL NEVER DIE AT THE HANDS OF—"

"SHUT UP!" Julie interrupted. She punched him again and again out of frustration, only stopping when Ginger rubbed her head against her shoulder. "I'm taking you back to my treehouse. And then you're going to show me where your friends live."

"Are you afraid, Jungle Girl?" the enemy asked.

"I'm angry," she said. "And you're not going to like me when I'm angry."

She lifted the enemy up, having already begun to feel just a little bit of feeling return. But she struggled over to the deer that she'd found. She held her hand out to the deer. It stared at her. She got closer to the deer until she reached out and grabbed the deer's reins. To her surprise, the deer did not run nor did he attack her. She smiled and although she struggled, she managed to pull herself up onto the deer's back.

Now the hard part came. It took a little bit of (reluctant) explanation from the enemy to get an idea of how to ride a deer, until she got the jist of it. She pulled the enemy over to his deer and forced him to mount the deer. Once that was done, she took the rope and made him follow her back to her and Kaitan's treehouse.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Kimi was out cold. How long she was out for, she didn't know. Because the next thing she remembered, she was looking up at a wooden, fortress-like outpost. The sun was setting and it became clear to the Australian that she had been out for a very, VERY long time.

They passed through the gate of this fortress and into a village. The people here looked very much like the white people that surrounded her in Melbourne, which only confused her. But then she remembered that Capt. Turan said the island was an open secret amongst people in the shipping industry. Could it be possible that these people came to Greystoke because of this?

But aside from them, members of the native population walked among them. They talked and laughed with the whities like old friends. And they wore the same outfits of grass and animal skins, but did not look like the Mad Max armor her kidnappers wore. But to this newcomer, the shiny, happy faces on the people milling about, farming and making clothes, looked almost utopian. And it intrigued her and made her think that maybe, just maybe, this wouldn't be too bad.

But then she remembered that she was kidnapped. And the shiny, happy world these people lived in became full of doubt.

The next thing she knew, the steed she was on stopped. After a minute of waiting, her captor picked her up and flung her over his shoulder as he carried her over to what looked like a stage in the middle of this village. The captor deposited her on the wooden stage, albeit a bit rough and she grunted. She wanted to get up, but when she lifted her hands up to her face, she realized that her wrists were bound together by rope. It was odd that they had to tie her up like this. And she didn't even know what they were going to do with her.