Chapter 6

As I stirred to consciousness and opened my eyes all I saw was black. I then realized I was blindfolded. I tried to move but to no avail. My upper body was tied to the chair and my hands were tied to its arms. Even my feet were tied down.

The sudden realization that I was kidnapped made my throat dry. My heart twisted in fear and panic started to make its way into my mind.

I tried to free myself by straining the ropes and twisting my body but the damn ropes were too tight.

I heard shuffling and my head shot up. The voices of footsteps became louder until they stopped altogether.

I guess my kidnapper is here.

And that made me terrified. Fear engulfed my entire being. I never thought that I would experience something like this. My heart was beating so hard that I wouldn't be surprised if it came out of my body.

This whole situation made me angry than it made me scared. Angry that I was gullible enough to be fooled. Angry that I let my curiosity win. Angry that I couldn't fight back.

After giving that text message a lot of thought I had finally decided to go and see what that unknown person wanted to tell me. It wasn't dark at that time so I walked to the said place. I should have known. The place was giving me the creeps. I should have listened to my conscience screaming at me not to go.

I don't even remember what exactly happened when I reached there. It was like one moment I was standing there waiting for that person and the next I woke all tied up in a chair.

The possibility of what could happen now made me want to cry. I could die. This person could be a murderer.

I tried to break through those damn ropes again.

"Let me go," I screeched. I needed to concentrate on my anger and ignore my fear. That was the only way I could survive this situation without having a panic attack.

I heard the footsteps come even closer.

"Now wouldn't that be double the work for me?" a deep voice said sarcastically.

The sound of his voice sent chills down my spine. His voice was a bit muffled and unfathomably deep. As if he was trying hard to make it sound that way. I couldn't tell his age by the sound of his altered voice.

To be honest, I was shit scared but I wasn't going to show that. Instead, I put on my fearless mask and demanded him to untie me.

"Untie. Me," I repeated when he ignored me the first time.

"No," he said simply.

I gritted my teeth.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

It was silent as if he was in a deep thought.

Now the idea of the party seems so tempting when I was sitting here captive.

"I want... " he started." Oh, wait. That's simple. I want money. Lots of it," he finished.

I started thrashing in the seat again. My arms and feet were hurting from the ropes. It's gonna leave bruises. Yeah right, if I get out of here alive that is.

"Untie me," I screamed again.

"I should have put a gag in your mouth too," he grunted.

"Let me go!"

My trashing had become insanely rough. I feared that the chair might topple and I would fall down. My eyes started tearing up.

After thrashing around and screaming for awhile I became quiet. This was not good. I was being held captive and I had no idea what was going to happen now. Moreover, I wasted all my energy to scream and thrash. All for nothing. I could feel my eyes tearing up again.