Chapter Fourteen

(This picture above is my Adam!!!! He is one of my real life crushes too... His name is Burak Özçivit and he is a Turkish actor 😍👌)

**
I'm actually starting to rethink my idea of writing a book, I'm so busy with school and I'm not feeling this story... So excuse me if my updates are getting slower I'm still trying to make up my mind.

**
Some words I thought I should clarify:

Habibti: my love (term of endearment)
Hayate: my life (term of endearment)
Teta: grandma
Allah: God
Inshallah: if God wills it = hopefully

********

(Not edited)

| Layla's POV |

"Layla, come here habibti, I wanna talk to you before I leave." Teta says.

Teta is leaving tomorrow afternoon to Ohio, apparently she feels like she has overstayed her welcome at Adam's home and decided to leave a bit earlier to visit my parents.

She wants to stay there for a while, three months tops. But her deal was that she will return with my brother in tow.

The thought of him finding out about my secret scared the shit out of me but I know I have no choice in that matter. I also know that I have to tell my parents at some point.

Teta will be leaving this earth too soon, she has very little time left. When she leaves, God forbids, I'll be all alone with my Melak and I can't have that. I can't let my girl live a lonely life. I need to expand our circle. And I've come to the realization that my daughter deserves a life filled with love, laughter and warmth; and family can provide one with that.

I've thought about it and I now know that I have to take a chance sometime in my life and tell my parents about my past. About what kept me from making my academic dreams come true. About why I left them so suddenly to live with my teta. About what changed my life. About my little blessing.

"Yeah teta, I'll be there in a second." I put my comb and the last piece of belonging I have in the hospital into my duffel bag and make my way to the seat beside grandma.

She's probably gonna bring up the marriage thing again... ugh here we go again.

She takes my hands in hers and turns my way.

"What are you gonna do when you leave here?"

Her question caught me off guard.. And here I thought she was going to drill the idea of marrying Adam into my head.

I'm finally getting to leave the hospital with my body and health intact.. or um barely. Im leaving today with no definite destination... I think.

I'm packing my bags, and leaving hand in hand with my daughter to I don't know where.

"Umm, I know this very nice girl named Diana who works at the small coffee shop downtown and I was thinking of asking her if she could give us a place to stay for a few days or if she knows some place with a low price range."

Teta looks at me doubtfully. "And why have I never heard of this nice girl named Dana?"

"Her name is Diana."

"Same thing Layla, now where has this girl been, I've never heard of her."

"I just didn't think it was worth mentioning, I met her a few months back and I just kept going back to the cafe because she makes the best lattes ever and plus she's friendly." I say quietly.