Chapter 7

*******
Next Day
*******

I woke up in the worst mood ever.

My neck still was still hurting from last night and to make it worst, I wasn't able to give him a piece of my mind like I was so dying to do right now. Why couldn't I? Glad you asked...

The whole night I tried giving him an attitude because of the pain from his bite and the way he was acting out of nowhere but, it only made it worse for me. Not as bad as the pain through my whole body but, I didn't want this pain either. It was still painful.

I couldn't yell, curse or give him an attitude without getting a sharp pain in my neck where he marked me now. The first hour was hell because my attitude was at a hundred but, once I noticed every time I reacted in anger that the pain followed, I tried to calm down. Tried! I couldn't when he was standing right there all nonchalant.

I didn't say anything to him once I realized it and kept my distance. Once we got back to the house, I just went to my room in silence but, of course he followed. I was trying to be calm and stop any interaction knowing I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue but, he wouldn't leave me alone. He just stood there like a fucking shadow smiling.

He thought it was kind of funny to see me try to hold it in but, it wasn't even close.

I hated him.

And with that thought, I earned a little shock to the neck.

I bit my tongue as he tried to apologize over and over. He didn't seem sorry at all, he was laughing trying to be serious. I didn't even want to know what I would feel if I hit him right now but, I was too scared to find out. I just needed him to drop the smile and leave me. I just wanted to be alone, somewhat. It was difficult to understand. This mate shit was messing with me.

I tried staying mad but, it was hard. I couldn't really hold onto the anger as much, it was slipping away from me just ask quickly as it came. Once he was near it was a good feeling and when he was away the mood switched. I was mad he was smiling, mad I couldn't be mad and mad if he left me for a second. What the hell was going on with me?

I could even feel when he was close. That took a while to get but, I did notice how my heart fluttered and calmness overwhelmed me just before he walked in the room. My heart would speed up, I'd get butterflies then, bam... I look up and he's there smiling.

Like now.

"Just come in, I know you're there" I whispered out knowing he could hear it perfectly. Don't know why not he wanted to wait for me to let him in. As many times as he just barged in, I expected that now.

Once I blinked he was already sitting on the bed next to me. I didn't even jump anymore, just rolled my eyes. "Are you done being mad?" he asked cautiously watching me and I just nodded. Attitude and you feel pain just relax. Be calm. The worse was over right?

"I'm fine" I whispered looking at the wall taking a deep breath as he sat there silent for a second.

"I know you're still pissed Carter but, I'm still going to apologize. Again" "Seem to be apologizing a lot" I whispered not even looking at him but, I felt his eyes on me hard.

"This wasn't really my fault" he explained and for once I knew he wasn't lying. Neither of us seemed to have a say in this because if we did, I would be trying to mate with Henry Cavill right now.

"You're my mate meaning, it's in my nature to protect you at all cost" he whispered touching my hand gently. My eyes instantly went to him feeling it again. That calm, needing feeling for him. Why did this always have to happen?

"I sense when you're happy, sad, angry and scared. Just like last night, I know when something's wrong. I fought from marking you the first time but, I couldn't the second it was unavoidable" he said shrugging like a little kid trying to explain himself to their parent.

"My instincts took over. You were in pain and that was the only way to fix it. I know it took you by surprise, scared you, and hurt you but, you could have died if I waited any longer. I haven't felt that pain but, I've heard that it will kill if you fight against it. I won't take a chance like that" he said and I just nodded.

It hurt but, he stopped that pain so I was grateful.

"Listen I'm not trying to make you miserable. I didn't choose for this to happen and neither did you but, there's nothing we can do but, stop fighting it. We need to just accept it, the worse is over now. You can live your life and I'll try not to be so possessive"

He grabbed both hands licking his lips and everything quickly changed. It was aching for something but, I didn't know what right now. But, all I knew was looking in his green eyes didn't make it easier.

"I want you to live your life Carter, not be the cause of it being miserable. So if you want to go out a few times, it's fine I guess. But, I must warn you from what I hear, the mark can be a pain when you're around other males" he warned and I nodded smiling a bit. So I could go out now without being harassed or watched?

"You know you can come" I offered and he shook his head. "Thanks but, it's not my forte" I laughed nodding. I respected it but, it was a shame he looked so young. He didn't want to party? Maybe he could pick one day and I could see what kind of stuff he was in. I know he didn't just sit in the house all day.

"Well, the offer still stands," I said getting up heading out the room to talk to Sarah and see if she was up for going out when he quickly grabbed my arm causing me to tense at the feeling of him again.

I was instantly calm, relaxed and happy with him touching me? Nothing even mattered as I looked at him now and I couldn't even do anything about it.. "Also.. thank you for taking this better than I thought. I was expecting you to try to kill me or something"

"Thank the mark" I joked smiling and he laughed.

"Thank you for not being an ass anymore though" I said and he laughed even harder slowly letting my hand slip from his sadly.