Chapter 4: Alright, lets fight to the death!

Short chapter, but eh, the following death scene made me feel all icky and it was really hard to write. 

That's all, hope you enjoy .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rain sprinkled lightly against her skin. It was delicate and soft, almost unnoticeable, except that it had gradually soaked her to the bone. The entire world was saturated from the ongoing torrent of rain, which hadn't ceased in over three weeks. The weather matched Anya's mood perfectly.

She walked slowly and methodically, placing one foot in front of the other. The world was blurred around the edges and everything had a sparkling light to it. It was strangely beautiful and Anya felt calmer than she had in a year. It was probably due to whatever she'd taken.

Jeff, her dealer, had warned her not to take them together or too many at once, she'd ignored that piece of advice. She figured that it was meant t stop people from dying, but she didn't really care about that. Now she felt amazing. She also felt sure.

It was time.

It was time to get it over and done with. She was sick of waiting and regretting it. She was sick of sitting on the train tracks and leaping out of the way at the last minute. She was sick of slicing her wrists open only to see her werewolf healing mend them in seconds. She was sick of trying to hang herself before losing her nerve, unable to stand the horrid choking sensation. She knew what she had to do now.

The world flipped upside down for a few minutes but Anya didn't stop walking. She began to see bright flashes of colours. That tree was purple. That street light was neon green. The road was a rushing blue river.

Oh wait, she giggled to herself. She was in fact looking down at the river.

It was so very pretty.

She leant over the railing and watched fascinated. The river was rushing, carrying away an odd assortment of objects that had gotten caught in the current. It had overflowed and several trees along the banks were almost completely submerged. She remembered distantly her parents sitting down for coffee, discussing worries about flooding.

It was only when the world begun to not look so wonderful Anya realised she was coming down. She could feel the onset of a migraine and her insides felt tight as coils, clenched rather painfully. Anya grimaced and realised she needed to get this over with soon.

She dug into her pocket and pulled out a cigarette with shaking hands. She hated these things but found she couldn't get through a day without them, they steadied her nerves and calmed her mind, something she desperately needed. She lit the cigarette and let it hang from her mouth, still staring down at the river.

Would it hurt? She didn't want it to hurt; she wasn't brave enough to deal with pain. What she wanted was oblivion.

Anya lifted her head, her advanced hearing causing her to turn and find the figures walking down the street.

She turned away and dropped her cigarette into the water below before climbing over the rail, nearly slipping in her hurry. She turned so she was facing the roadand watched, stomach pressed against the metal railing and her hands clutching the bar so tightly her knuckles were white as bone.

"I can't – hiccup- believes you let the –hiccup- car get towed," a high and whining voice complained. Anya knew it was from the girl getting a piggy back ride. Her name was Eva and she was a cruel bitch.