The Dead Poets Ritual

I found the instructions for this one wrapped up in a mediocre creepypasta; as such, I can't vouch for the efficacy of the ritual. It does, however, appear to be one of the more dangerous games out there, largely due to the locked room required for it and its failsafe situation. If ever there was a game that shouldn't be played this one is it. But if you do take that chance?... Let's just say that I can't be held accountable for anything that might befall you.

As always, play it safe.

Players:

1 principal

Requirements:

1 table
2 chairs
1 candle
1 lighter, box or book of matches
2 wine glasses
1 bottle of wine
1 empty room.

Instructions:

The Prelude:

1) Begin at night. Draw the curtains of your empty room, ensuring that no light from the outside bleeds into it.

2) Set the table up in the center of the room and place the chairs on either side of it, opposite each other.

3) Set one wine glass in front of each chair. Place the candle in the center of the table with the wine bottle beside it.

4) Light the candle with your lighter or matches.

5) Turn out the lights.

6) Lock the door.

The Main Event:

1) Pick up the bottle of wine from the table and pour a full measure into each glass.

2) Replace the bottle, sit in the "head" chair, and pick up your own glass. Raise it and make a silent toast; then take a sip.

3) If you have done this correctly, there will be a presence in the chair opposite you after you lower you glass. Remain calm; do not jump, start, or otherwise provoke the presence in any way.
» If the chair opposite you remains empty, blow out the candle, turn on the lights, and leave the room.
» Lock the door.

» Do not re-enter the room until morning.

4) Say aloud the words:

"I wish to start a match."

If the presence agrees, you must now choose to be either Player A or Player B. Once you have chosen your letter, say aloud:

"I strip you of the letter [Your Letter]."

5) Now, ask a question. After you receive your answer, take a sip of wine. After you finish your sip, you will now become Player B.

6) Listen closely. If Player A asks you a question, answer it. Then take a sip of your wine.

7) Continue in this fashion, alternating between being Player A and Player B, until one or both glasses are empty.
» Do NOT touch any glass other than your own.

The Ending:

1) Whoever is Player A, when the wine runs out, automatically wins the game.

2) If you are Player A: The presence will depart; remain seated until it has done so. Blow out the candle, turn on the lights, and exit the room.

3) If you are Player B: Do not blow out the candle; that is for Player A to do. Once the candle has gone out, turn on the lights. From now on, be careful in dark spaces. If you see something out of the corner of your eye, turn to face it. If you spot something behind you in a mirror, turn around.
» Do NOT, under ANY circumstances, EVER say these words:

"This soul is yours. It is yours to do business with."

Additional Notes:

» This game MUST be played in room where a poet has died. The deceased does not have to have been a literal poet; someone said to have had "the soul of a poet" will suffice. When setting up the space, one of the chairs should ideally be situated where the poet's head was upon being found; the other should sit at the poet's feet.

» You MUST perform this ritual alone. No other people, animals, or other living creatures may be present.

» Keep the room free of any type of technology; phones, laptops, the lot.

» You must answer each question truthfully; however, you do not have to answer each question freely or completely. Guard your secrets, for giving them up could result in disaster.

Concerning Failsafes:

There are no failsafes.