Chapter 2:

Jace's POV

Yes, demons attack our school. Yes, it would have been nice to inform you of this earlier. Yes, it would have been funny to see your reaction as you thought I killed a human being.

Okay, now we can get back to the story? My editor says I can, so I will.

I looked back over at the demon slumped on the ground. It took a few seconds, but he crumbled to dust just like all demons do.

Now my editor's telling me that I should've informed you that they do that.

They can do that. Is that better? Okay. No more interruptions.

I turned away from the pile of dust at the end of the hallway and started knocking on the doors of everyone who lived here.

To put it simply, people live here and are trained to fight demons. It's not that fun. Instead of math, we sword fight. Instead of Civics, we learn to choke hold. I miss perabalas.

I kept knocking on the doors in the hallway, making sure I didn't attract any demons by knocking too loudly.

I finally reached the final door in the hallway. It belonged to my friend Adrian, the person I trusted most there.

I rapped on the door three times, and it opened immediately. He looked fully awake and was sweating, like he was working out for an hour (knowing him, he most likely was).

"What is it?" Adrian asked irritabaly.

"We got a Code Black, man."

"Really? That's the third time this month!"

"I know it is, but we really need you!"

"Fine, just give me a sec." Adrian finished as he disappeared into his room.

I stood sentry as people crawled out of there rooms like it was a fire alarm, instead of a horde of demons on a murder spree.

Eventually, Adrian came out of his room with two things. One of them was his signature weapon: three steel blades on each hand, vaugley resembling Wolverine claws. The other thing he was carrying was a pair of pants.

"Um... what's with the pants?" I asked, keeping my eyes peeled on the hallway.

"These are for you." He said as they were thrown at me.

Lo and behold, he was right: I wasn't wearing any pants. I hastily put them on as Adrian emerged completely from his room.

His dark skin almost made him blend into the shroud of the night, but I could still make him out. His glasses faintly reflected the small amount of light in the room, and his tiny shrub of black hair absorbing it.

Just as he stepped out of his room, a mass of about 10 demons rounded the corner and locked onto us.

We had just gotten ready for a brawl, and just as we were about to throw down, shurikans flew above our heads and towards the pack.

They only got through the first row, but there were only about 3 left. Me and Adrian quickly took out the remaining few with ease.

We turned around to find the possessor of the deadly projectiles.

The was a little older than the two of us, about 16 (the two of us are 14, btdubbs). Her light blonde hair was pulled back in a sloppy bun, and her blue & green eyes shone in the darkness. She held a sword in one hand, and a scarce amount of shurikans in the other.

She was amazing. She was beautiful, yet dangerous, like an Amazonness Warrior Lady. She was gentle, yet able to handle herself in any way. You may have, 'why haven't you asked out the appitamy of beauty?' (I know you wouldn't ask that, just trying to be funny. But still, it's a good question).