Prologue: Man Like That

Author's Note: This is your reminder - or if you skipped the introduction note, your warning - that this book nor the rest of the series is edited. As of 2023, there are plans to rewrite it all to fit my writing style now (as you'll find in Dollhouse]. Please, do give it a chance and I hope you'll come back for the rewrite when it's ready. Some things will be changing. This is a short story with minimal outside drama. This couple explores their shenanigans together... once they stop being so dang stubborn.

***

You can't have what's not yours

- Samantha's thoughts

SANDRA

Mason barges into my room. Lust glooming in his eyes. I know what he wants but before I can respond I'm behind pushed down onto the bed. The sex is rough. I fall asleep in his arms. I feel him get out of the bed after what seems like minutes. I fall asleep once again as he closes the door.

I strut my way up to Mason's room. When I reach the door, I knock. No response. I turn the door knob and opened the door. I walk in and I see a brunette sleeping on Mason's bed. I know that he isn't my mate but I can feel a bit of jealousy flowing through my veins. I haven't even found my mate and sixteen. But I will find him this year, I just hope it goes well, I mean I do have a reputation of being a slut and a whore. Midnight Sun pack females find their mates when they're seventeen.

Out of the blue she shot up panting heavily. And we can say that there was a bit of concern in me but at the same time I can be a damn. She looks a bit lost but then she looks up to me. She's fine looking, I guess. Brown-ish black looking eyes. She's brunette but I'm blonde, so much better than her. No offense. I have the guy I want so far and she will never have him.

"What are you going here?" I blurted out.

"Um, Mason brought me here," she responded.

"Oh, why would my mate bring you here?" I have no idea why I said that but I did.

"I don't know. He just brought me here?" she said.

"Well, what's your name?" I ask even if I don't want to know.

"Samantha," she says.

"Well, Samantha, I'm Sandra, Mason's mate and Luna of the Midnight Sun pack," I said blurting again.

"Oh, that's weird," she says.

"Why is that?" I ask a bit confused.

"Because I'm Mason's mate," she informs me.

What the hell? I look down a bit embarrassed. I look up to her with a glare.

"You will never have him, ever!" I growl.

She doesn't even flinch a bit. Her eyes turned pitch black and I realize that I just pissed her wolf.

"HOW DARE YOU TELL YOUR LUNA WHAT TO DO? YOU WILL RESPECT ME," she roars.

I whimpered and winced at the tone of her voice as she roared at me.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

"Get out, Sandra," she says in a more calmed voice. It's scary.

I nod and walk out of the door closing it behind me. As I walk through the hall, I blink and I came back to reality. What the hell, did she just yell at me? She has a damn nerve. She's so freaking ugly! How is she the freaking Luna and not me? She's an ugly pathetic excuse of a werewolf. I'm going to give her hell!

I continued with my search for Mason. I'm going to give her the pain she deserves. No one does crap to me like she just did. After several minutes, I found Mason outside coming from the woods. I'm guessing he went for a run because he's only wearing some shorts. And he's showing off those sexy abs of his. Before he got a chance to react I jumped on him circling my legs around his waist. I kissed him. I know that Samantha will be in pain but I just don't care.