Chapter 4: Try

SANDRA

Song: Surrender by Natalie Taylor

~ month 3 continued ~

“What are you doing here?” I ask Adam.

“I came here to get you,” Adam says as he pushes past me into my home.

“Sure, come on in,” I say sarcastically. I close the door.

“Don’t be so rude, baby,” Adam replies.

“Stop,” I say.

Adam turns to me with an arched eyebrow.

“Get out,” I tell him. “You don’t get to waltz into my life or my home like you own anything.”

“Sandra-,” he starts.

“No, get out,” I say.

“Sandra, I want us to work, ok?” Adam shocks me with his confession.

“Why? Because I’m pregnant? Because you’re done whoring around?” I start rumbling questions. “WHY?! You already left.”

“Sandra, please,” his voice cracks.

“What if I don’t want us to work?” I ask. “What if I don’t want you in my life anymore?”

“I want to fix us, Sandra. You’re as stubborn as ever.”

“I’ve suffered enough,” I say.

I open the door. I wait for him to walk out. He walks towards the door. He stops right in front of me.

“I’m not letting you go,” he whispers.

“Whatever is going to let you sleep at night,” I reply.

“Having you would,” he says walking out of my home.

I sway a little but steady myself with the door. I close it. I slide against it towards the ground. Tear cascade down my cheeks. I can’t let him have an effect on me. I wipe the tears away. My phone pings. I get from the floor. I retrieve my phone from the couch arm.

Logan: You have these next two weeks free. Take time to relax, babe.

I smile.

Sandra: Alright, thanks for the heads up J

Logan: Your welcome J

I take my phone with me to my bedroom. I place it on the bed. I go into the bathroom. I run a bath for me and I drop a Rose Queen bath bomb. I wait for it to completely dissolve before going in. My bathroom was filled with a rose scent. I closed my eyes, relaxing in the water.

~ month 4 ~

Flashing blinds my eyes but I continue to pose

Flashing blinds my eyes but I continue to pose. This photo shoot consists of a green dress, it was a flowery top and rim. I loved this dress the moment my eyes spotted it. It showed off my baby bump just a bit. Several poses and two hours later, we’re done with the shoot. We look through the pictures to sort out which will be made public in the magazine this was for. We choose our top five within an hour. Logan mails them off to Amica. I dress back into my clothes; the ones I had worn before the shoot. I walk out of the building only to see Adam leaning on it near the entrance.