Saved? -Lloyd

You wake up to an unfamiliar scent. Your eyes open slowly, as you find yourself staring at the clothed roof of a tent.

How had you gotten here...?

Were you kidnapped?

You sat up without a problem. No chains, no ropes, no restraints.

"Huh." You look around the small tent. There was a small side table, with a lamp. There was a box of beaten up and poorly made toys.. But there was still a certain appeal to them.

"Oh! You're awake!" A feminine voice you recognized greets you at the entrance.

A serpentine.

Before you could freak out-- you notice that she's holding a tray of unidentifiable foods.

"I'm sorry to bring you in such short notice.. And we apologize for bringing you so forcefully." She bows her head as she places the tray on your lap.

It looked like.. Goop.

You didn't want to eat it. It didn't look appetizing. But your stomach was growling loudly.. You hadn't eaten in awhile.

You ate a spoonful of the goop... and to your surprise, it was delicious!

"This is good!" You grin and devour the rest of the food.

The serpentine smiles softly. ".. Now that you are fed and awake.. Please come with me. We have urgent business to discuss."

You nod and follow the serpentine out of the tent. It seemed that you were underground. They had build a small village.

You could've sworn it was bigger once before... This wasn't the paradise your dad had described.

"I.. Don't want to be rude.. But what happened here? It looks like a dump!" You exclaim, noticing the roof was starting to fall apart.

The serpentine frowned and sighed. "... The layer of stone and dirt that we live under has become weak. It has been falling apart, leading to the destruction of our old home. It's in ruins..."

You stare in shock.

"See the roof?" She points to the sky. "We've learned to track the patterns of the cracks we see. So we can move our tents and avoid the wreckage. But we're running out of tunnel space. And we've hit stone every single direction.. We're trapped."

"Wh.. Why can't you just return to the surface?!" You ask worriedly, now feeling extremely cautious of the roof.

"We no longer fit in up there. It is for humans and monsters...and besides. If we did return to the surface.. Where would we go? A large majority of the land has been taken by other creatures..." The serpentine replies calmly.

You frown. "That's.. That's horrible. But.. Why did you bring me here?"

The serpentine lady smiles warmly. "We have faith that the green ninja can help save us. He controls all four elements.. With that help, we can fix what earthly aging has occurred."

"B.. But I'm no green ninja!" You exclaim. "I'm- I'm just his daughter! Why didn't you just ask my dad instead?!"

"Well.. He's very busy these days, yes?" The serpentine sighs. "He hasn't time for simple snakes... Which is why we've turned to you."

The serpentine stops and turns to you. "Please, young Y/N... Can you help us repair our broken home?"

Your heart drops into your chest. "I.. I would love to help. Really, I would! But I'm not who you think I am! I can't do.. What you need me to do!" You cry, your chest hurting. "I.. I can't help you.."