Favorite Customer

"Becky, I would be honored if you accepted the position. You have the look, the body, the face."

A twenty-two year old girl with a bright smile stood across from a middle aged man in a tiny drive up coffee shack. She shook his hand with excitement, "I would love to be apart of the team!"

"Good! You have experience with making coffee but not with a manual machine? We can have someone train you for the first few days until you get the hang of things. As you can see it gets cramped in here but I'm sure our regulars will love seeing two girls in lingerie fighting to make their quad mocha no foam. Can you start tomorrow? Oh and just so you know we have cameras in here so don't be alarmed if you see it, its for your protection really." He said with a chuckle.

"Yeah of course! I can't wait to meet the other girls."

As she walked to her car she stood at her door gazing at "The Espresso Gals" sign, smiling to herself she went home thinking of what skimpy outfit she should wear on her first day. She arrived the next morning at five, waiting for her trainer to unlock the coffee stand and start their day. The woman walked up with a dirty trench coat that went past her knees, her high heels clicking on the sidewalk.

"Hey you're the new girl right? The name is Zoë, I'll show ya the ropes." She didn't seem quite as enthusiastic as Becky to be awake that early as she pushed the heavy metal door it squealed open slowly.

Zoë tossed her coat on the hanger behind the door, her bedazzled bra and panties sparkled under the light as she began to show Becky how to use the machine. When she successfully made her first drink two customers walked up to the window, Zoë stood back and let Becky handle the customers reassuring her that she could easily make their drinks. Becky felt proud of herself on her first day and it was all thanks to Zoë.

"Hey could you grab that can of white chocolate syrup? I'll handle this next customer." Zoë stood with an expressionless face as she pointed at the shelf which stored syrups. Becky looked over her shoulder as she climbed the step stool to see Zoë leaning out the tiny window. She couldn't see the customer or hear what Zoë was saying until she heard a man scream,

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!"

Becky almost fell off the stool as she heard Zoë explode with laughter, as she approached she saw the man frantically running away.

"He is just too much! What a joker, he was my favorite customer, always flirtatious. We even went on a date that didn't go so well. I guess he's still upset I dumped him. Don't let him sink his teeth into you or the big man running this place, you'll just end up six feet under their bullshit. You know that guy is the owners lil brother. Funny right?" Zoë turned with a smile as the door screeched open.

"Becky? How'd you get in? Tereza called in sick today sorry I'm late-" her boss walked in with a box full of soy milk.

He dropped the case, one carton busted open the soy spilling over his pants. His face drained of color as Becky looked at Zoë and back to him.

"Zoë? What the...fuck? You went...missing."

"Becky you can take a break, the boss man and I have to talk. I have to put my two week notice in."

She grabbed her coat and walked down the street, the wind howled blowing her hair into her face. Circling the block she saw the two still talking so she walked around once again to see him standing alone. Approaching the stand she popped her head in, he was standing on the step stool reaching for something above him.

"Hey I should probably give you my phone number-" Becky began to say when he jumped off of the stool, she heard the *SNAP* as he hung himself from a beam of the shack.

She screamed in horror, Zoë nowhere to be found but her jacket still hung on the back of the door. Becky fumbled for her phone in her purse and ran out of the stand as she began to hyperventilate. Her heart was racing, tears popped out of her eyes as she trembled dialing 911. Moments later as she regained her breath she heard the sirens whipping around corners, two police cars and an ambulance surrounded her. As the police officers questioned Becky the paramedics had declared him dead as they questioned Becky a forensic team examined the tiny coffee stand. Explaining that Zoë was actually the last person to talk to the man alive they looked at each other and then back to Becky.

"Her coat is right there, I'm not lying, look at the camera she was training me until he got here and then I left. She told me she needed to talk to him and when I came back about fifteen minutes later he was standing there...and then...he-" she burst out in tears as she relived the trauma.

One of the crime scene investigators called over one of the officers, he was holding a piece of paper in between his gloved hands. The note was a map, the girl had been missing for two weeks and it had traces of her fingerprints on it. Watching the surveillance footage they saw the door open and Becky came into view, she was talking to herself and about an hour later her boss came in dropping the case of soy milk and Becky left. He also began talking to himself and then they watched him hang himself when Becky had returned. A man had come into the precinct and told the investigators what he and the owner of the coffee stand had done, how they both made advances at Zoë. He confessed to them both raping and then burying her alive.

"She won't leave me alone...I keep seeing her outside my window. All she does is smile."

He cried as he told them where they could find her which was the same place the map they found at the crime scene directed them to. They took a k-9 unit to the disclosed area and found her body, buried under six feet of slightly packed dirt, a smile was plastered on her face.