Chapter 4: Devilish buddy

You woke up, laying on the ground, panting. What kind of nightmare was that? You looked at the clock. 5:30am. Standing up, you decided to get something to drink. After about half an hour of trying to find something, you went back to your room.

"Why is it so hard to find something to drink in a hospital. Shouldn't they-" You stopped, staring at a familiar shadow lurking in the darkness. "W-who's there?" No answer. "Show yourself!", you whispered in an angry tone. The shadow giggled, stepping into the light. "Don't you remember me?" You pointed at him. "The demon boy from my dream!" He pouted. "You don't remember my name? Aw, that makes me sad." You glared at him, making him grin. He came closer, he was standing right in front of you now, making you feel uncomfortable. "I'm Osomatsu." It was silent. "Also, that wasn't a dream. Otherwise I wouldn't be here right now." "B-but what do you want from me?", you asked nervously. He chuckled. "Your soul of course." Your eyes widened in fear. Osomatsu started laughing. "Just kiddin'! Oh my- you should've seen your face! Priceless!" You opened your mouth, wanting to say something but you couldn't. The only thing you could feel right now was confusion. Also anger, but mostly confusion. Osomatsu wiped away a tear. "Haaah, well that's what I first came for.", he sat down on your bed. "Your soul, I mean." He stared at the ceiling, his eyes glowing red. You looked at him. "And what now?" He shrugged. "I can't just take your soul. You have to do something reaaaally bad in order for me to take it." He sighed. "And since you haven't done anything that horrible, I'll just have to wait." He stood up. "And wait." He turned to you, eyes pitch-black. "And wait." He came closer. "And wait." He smirked. "And wait." He was standing right in front of you, staring into your eyes. You looked away, trying not to keep eye contact. He tilted your head so you had to feel his stare piercing right through you. He smirked, making you shudder. "And wait 'till you do something bad. Something so bad that you'll have to go to hell. So we can be together for all eternity." He let go. "But for now I'll just stay with you. We can be best friends!"

You couldn't believe what he said. Was he for real? How can a demon be that reckless? Best friends? He's kidding right?

You sat down on the bed. "I-I need to.. think about that for a moment. Please excuse me." Osomatsu looked at you. "Well you have no choice, but okay. Do whatever you like, (y/n)~ Take your time!" He looked at your room, the pictures that were hanging on the walls, your clothes, picking them up, eyeing them, looking at you, probably thinking about how you look like wearing them. After a few minutes, you sighed, looking at Osomatsu. He smiled, waiting for a response. "Since you're going to stay either way...", you rolled your eyes. "Please don't make messes, disturb me or annoy me. And don't summon anything that wants to kill me, please." Osomatsu's smile grew wider. "Sure, sure (y/n)-chan~!" You sighed. "Earlier you said my 'death' wasn't a dream, correct?" He nodded. "Well, it felt pretty real to me. But I don't have any explanation for this 'dream'. I mean... I died, right?" He nodded again. "I woke up in this tunnel where I met you. Then this.. god showed me the gate to heaven and there was an angel too? And I was about to get taught about how to be an angel, I went to bed and woke up in this hospital." Osomatsu looked at you, waiting for you to continue. "And.. and a friend of mine saved me. But I lost so much blood? How can I still be alive?" "I don't know. Maybe you were lucky, maybe god wanted you to live." You stared at him, snorting. He looked at you in confusion. "W-what is it?" "Nothing, it's just funny hearing a demon talk about god." He rolled his eyes. "Yea, I hear that often." "Woah, really?" He chuckled. "Of course not. Who would even say that to me? You're the first human I'm talking to." You smiled at him sheepishly. "Really? Well... you're the first demon I'm talking to." "What a surprise!", Osomatsu grinned. You both started laughing.

"Can I ask you something, (y/n)?", his voice sounded more serious than before. You nodded. "Do you want to know how you died?", he looked at you. "I was watching when you got stabbed in your bathroom." Your eyes widened, tears streaming down your cheeks. "P-please tell me.." Osomatsu looked at you, taking your hand and trying to calm you down. "It was about 3am, do you remember?" You hesitated, but nodded. "You woke up from a nightmare and went to the bathroom. While you were washing your face, I saw someone creeping behind the shower curtains, watching you. Before I could react, he jumped out and stabbed you. I was petrified, I didn't know what to do. I heard the doorbell rang, the murderer had left and you were laying there, losing a lot of this red stuff, I think it's called blood? I tried to follow the murderer but he was too fast for me to catch him. I lost him, returned to your apartment and tried to stop your wound from bleeding. It worked, I knew it wouldn't work for a long time, so I panicked and thought about what I could do. I searched for your phone and tried to find your parents' or friends' numbers. I didn't find them at first, but after searching for a bit longer, I found someone called 'Karamatsu' and called him. After a few more minutes, he arrived and carried you to the hospital." You stared at him. Your eyes were puffy and they hurt. "But.. who stabbed me?" Osomatsu looked away. "I-I couldn't see his face, I'm sorry..." You gazed at the ground. "It's okay, thank you for telling me." You looked at him. "At least I'm still alive, right?" You smiled. He smiled back. "Yea, I'm glad that you're still alive." His face turned red and he looked away. "I mean..." You chuckled. "I know what you meant, Osomatsu-kun." You stood up. "I better get some more sleep. My friend and his brothers are going to visit me later." "Yea, I better leave." You grabbed his arm. "U-um can you stay, please? And watch over me?" He smiled at you. "Yeah, of course."

Aaaaah I ordered a Karamatsu wig and it came in today and I'm literally crying right now ಥ⌣ಥ