Chapter Eight

Radhika's pov

I went home after my long day at work. I entered my apartment and smelled food, which is strange since I wasn't cooking and Naina barely comes to the kitchen even though she is a fantastic cook. I walked upto the kitchen and saw her cooking.

"You're home early and you're cooking. Sight for my sore eyes." I put my bag down and sat on platform.

"Ha ha. Funny. I'm lazy, I don't cook, I get it. I felt like doing it today."

I got up and winked at her to which she rolled her eyes.

"I'll be back in a jiffy to eat your delicious handmade food."

I freshen up and changed into my shorts and a baggy  T-shirt. I came out and saw the dinner ready already.

"So, what is the "imp stuff"? You're pregnant? We're getting a little you."

I furrowed my brows "what? No. Why would think that?"

She shrugged "I don't know, you texted me 'gotta talk. Imp stuff'. I just made a wild guess."

"Okay, too wild. No pregnancy or anything. I'm going to Mumbai tomorrow for a work trip. It's going to be a long one as I'm told. I've a flight tomorrow evening."

"Aw man, I just got home and you're leaving now. Not fair. Also, you need to have sex to get pregnant which you aren't having"

"I don't think my sex life is anybody's concern but anyway, moving on, I'm sad too. Believe me if it were up to me I would rather stay here and annoy you than go anywhere but it is a huge opportunity and I don't wanna miss it."

She nodded and then took a bite. After a brief silence she finally asked the big question I was avoiding "Are you going to visit your parents?"

Honestly, I didn't think about it. I haven't been home in a really long. The last time I visited was like three years ago, for new years. Ever since then I have managed to avoid home.

"I haven't told Mom about my trip yet. I don't know, I'm trying to avoid it." She understood my dilemma and decided not to push anymore.

"We should go shopping tomorrow. Can you ditch office?" Naina suggested

"I've an off tomorrow so yeah, definitely."

"Yay! Cool."

After washing the dish we went to our respective room. I thought how this trip will be and decided to be completely professional and not let my annoyance and disliking come in the way of working. Rishabh infuriates me but that shouldn't stop me from doing the work I am supposed to do. I'll ignore everything and only focus on work and work alone.

I woke up and walked to the balcony. Soft wind was blowing and it was really relaxing. It was a relaxed refreshing morning after ages.

"Get ready by 11 so that we can go for shopping abd come back soon as your packing is still pending" Naina interrupted me.

"Okay babe"

After a cup of coffee and preparing the breakfast I went to get ready. I took a nice shower and changed into blue denim and a pink t-shirt.

"Breakfast and me both are ready" I turned to Naina who was ready too.

"Let's get started then" She replied grabbing the french toast and a glass of orange juice.

"You are driving okay"

I don't have a car but Naina does which means she is mostly my mode of transportation. After bickering about this for days we came up w a system,I drive on weekends and my day offs and she drives the rest of the time.

I bought tons of pantsuits for my very long work trip. I did have some causal clothes in my mind if I could ever find time to do sightseeing.

Just when we finished shopping and were heading towards home my eyes caught a beautiful summer dress. It was a peach floral dress which would end some inches above my knees and that looked too cute.

"That is my gift to you okay" Naina bursted out of nowhere watching my desire for that dress.

"Oh no no I was just looking I don't need a dress"

"Oh come on! Don't be a baby" and dragged me inside" I'm getting you this" She continued and got that dress for me. I looked at that dress and that me grin really hard

"Thank you Naina."

"What are friends for"

We came back home and she helped me pack all my necessary things which I would need there. We had a great time together after so long as both of us were busy from sometime. After completing my phone started ringing. The caller ID flashed and it was Rishabh.

"Are you ready to leave?" He spoke cutting right through the chase.

"Yes"

"Should I pick you up?"

"I told you I can manage. But thank you for the offer"

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. It'll be okay"

"Okay just be on time we can't be late."

"Don't worry I will reach on time"

And we hung up. Naina promised to drop me so we left on time to avoid any delay.

As I reached the airport, I scanned in search of my boss but found no traces of him. I thought he might be inside I mean why would he bother to wait for me. I unloaded my luggage and hugged Naina to bid her goodbye.

"Take care okay. Call me when you reach"

"Yeah you too"

Just as Naina left and I dragged my luggage towards the entrance my phone blinked indicating a text message. I opened my phone to know it was from Rishabh.