Full Moon

Damon watched with amusement as Audrey glared at him with everything she had. He was never affected when the Gilbert sisters were mad at him. It became a usual thing when he came to town. The only thing that did affect him was when they'd do something stupid because of their anger. "Now don't get your thong in a twist princess. Obviously, I was doing this to protect you two,"

"By keeping information from us?! Damon this is Stefan we're talking about!" Elena argued. Damon rolled his eyes and took another swig from his drink. He faced the unlit fireplace, turning his back on the girls.

"Hate to break it to ya Elena, but Stefan Is gone," He grumbled. Thoughts of Andie came to mind, and how his own brother killed her. Damon knew Stefan was never coming back and if he did he wouldn't be the same. "He's gone off the wagon and is back to his ripper ways. There's no getting him back,"

"You're wrong. He called me last night," Elena reasoned. Damon turned to her at the mention of this.

"What did he say?" He asked.

"He didn't say anything but I know it was him. I had Sheriff Forbes trace the origin of the call and it came from Tennessee," Elena explained, watching as Damon picked up all the documents he collected over the months. Every attack, every death, was documented.

"Yeah, where he's probably feasting on all of the country folk. We've been over this Elena, Stefan's gone," Damon said growing more and more annoyed.

"He wouldn't of called if he was gone Damon," Elena mumbled, turning away to walk out. Damon stared at the documents before throwing them into the fireplace and igniting them in flames. Audrey stared at her friend in wonder.

"You know why she's so persistent. She just loves him so much," Audrey explained. "Just like you love him too ,Damon. That's why you're so hurt right now," Damon only scoffed in response.

"I'm hurt because my brother is turning back into the monster he was before. You never saw how bad he got Audrey. I mean, everyone thought I was bad but he was ten times worse," Damon angrily admitted.

"How?" She asked walking over to stand by him. He was staring at the fire as memories flooded back into his mind.

"Back before he changed his ways, Stefan was well known. He was called the ripper because when he attacked, he'd feed so hard he'd rip the bodies apart. After he was done though, he'd do his usual remorse thing and try to put the bodies back together. It was extremely gruesome. He's killed thousands of people. When he met Lexie she changed him blah blah blah. When he gave up that lifestyle he went back to being the brother I knew. I know what happens after this, and I really don't think he'll come back," Damon explained. He tried to hide the tears that gathered in his eyes but they betrayed him. Audrey leaned her head against his shoulder.

"Elena is never going to stop until she sees for herself," She mumbled. "If Stefan really is gone she'll only deny it until it becomes true for her," Audrey knew what her sister was like. She knew how stubborn she was, because all the Gilbert's have that trait.

"Why can't your sister be more like you little bird?" Damon asked with a slight chuckle. Audrey smiled and shrugged.

"Not everyone can be as blessed as I am," She joked.

-

"So what does this mean? You've now become Buffy the vampire slayer?" Audrey questioned as her sister practiced her defensive skills. Alaric was helping both the Gilbert sisters learn how to fight against a vampire.

"No Audrey, but we need to be ready in case we see Klaus," Elena sighed.

"Oh, because two human defenseless girls can take down an immortal hybrid," Alaric snickered while the sisters argued. Elena sighed and opened her mouth to say something when her phone went off. She quickly got it out to check it.