The Hybrid

"Where are we?" Audrey asked as she trailed behind Damon and her sister. They were all walking down a grimy hallway in a beat down apartment building.

"Stefan's old apartment building," Damon snickered.

"Stefan could live anywhere in Chicago and he chose this?" Audrey asked in shock. This place was not what she would imagine Stefan residing in.

"There used to be an all girls high school around the corner, but it shut down for attendance issues. Weird," Damon explained, eyeing Elena as he talked. She rolled her eyes at him.

"If you're trying to scare me into giving up and going back, it's not going to work," She huffed. Damon stopped walking once they reached a door. He placed his finger to his lips indicating to the girls that they needed to be quiet. The atmosphere grew tense as he broke the lock on the door and busting through the door.

"Here we are. Stefan's second personality home," He announced sarcastically. The two girls followed him into the apartment taking a quick notice at the mildew smell. It was obvious that no one had lived here for a long time.

"He obviously hasn't been here," Elena pointed out.

"Tour is not over yet," Damon snapped. He walked toward a wall next to the refrigerator in which by that point Audrey zoned out looking around. She jumped when a door opened and she spun around to see a secret room the Damon had opened up. He pulled on the light cord illuminating the dark room. The Gilbert sisters looked inside to see shelves on the back wall filled with alcohol.

"Stefan hid his alcohol. What a monster," Elena said rolling her eyes.

"Look harder," Damon told her. She steps forward and sees a list of names on the wall. Audrey stepped beside her sister to see what she was looking at. The list started with Giuseppe Salvatore, Damon and Stefan's father.

"Stefan killed your dad?" Audrey asked turning around to look at Damon. He looked away and nodded.

"So, it's a list of names?" Elena asked, already knowing the answer.

"Mmhmm," Damon hummed.

"These are all his victims," She gasped. Audrey observed the wall once more and noticed how there were hundreds of names. Elena whipped around to look at Damon angrily. "What were you doing in the 1920s? Paving the way for women's liberation?"

"I was around. Chicago's a big city. Stefan was a cocky ripper douche. But I could avoid him and still indulge in a few Daisy Buchanans of my own," Damon smirked as Elena's face morphed into a look of disgust. He chuckled before turning around and walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Audrey asked.

"His old stomping ground," Damon answered.

"I'm coming with you," Elena said moving to go after him. He stopped her before she could reach the door.

"No. You and Audrey are going to stay here and whip up an actual plan. I'll come back when I find him," Before either of the girls could say anything else Damon left. Elena groaned angrily and walked into Stefan's bedroom while Audrey stayed back to look at the hidden room once more. She couldn't believe that Stefan Salvatore actually killed all of those people. After looking inside the room for another 10 minutes she finally joined her sister in Stefan's old room. Elena was laying on his bed reading his diary when Audrey joined her.

"So what are you going to say to him. You know if we find him?" Audrey asked her sister.

"I'm going to tell him to come home. That I love him so much and all I want is for him to come with us," Elena sighed. Audrey smiled sadly at her sister and leaned her head against her shoulder. "And if he says no, I'll stab him with a vervain dart," Both girls laughed.