Part 3

Another short instalment

---

She unlocked the door and I was pushed into my scary admirer. Why did all my problems involve scary people. He looked down at me and smiled.

“Hey,” he followed step with me. In the background I could hear Dryandra cackling with delight at my misfortune.

“Umm…hi,” I squeaked back. Please don’t murder me. Please don’t fall for me.

“Yeah so I was wondering if maybe you would like to go to the movies this afternoon.”  He asked not once taking his eye off me. I stumbled dropping all of Dryandra’s heavy text books. I noticed I was hyperventilating. What was wrong with me? He wasn’t going to hurt me; he just thought he liked me.

I bent down to pick up the books but realized he had already done it. “You’ve got really pretty eyes,” he smiled. Huh? I flinched again knocking the books out of his hands.

“Oh look at the time, I’ve got to be somewhere, thanks for taking to books,” I stumbled off around the corner in the opposite direction of the library. This can’t be happening. This seriously can’t be happening. How many tales like this had happened? Countless.  Even King Arthur had this problem right? I had never read the story, but I remember someone telling me something like that.

The bell rang making me jump I almost dropped my bag. I was a nervous wreck. I fumbled with my timetable unable to recall what I had. Geography. I made my way down the hall, with just enough time to catch a drink. I walked in and glanced around the room. There were three spare seats. One near the front and a two seater at the back. My friend Tasha hadn’t arrived yet so I took the two seater at the back and waited for her.

I felt my phone suddenly go off in my pocket, checking the teacher wasn’t watching I pulled it out to see a text from none other than Tasha.  ‘Soz, Grandma is in hospital, left early. c u next wk. ~Tasha’.

I turned and instantly flung myself backwards falling off the chair. Oh mi gosh, when did he get here! Why was he sitting next to me? Why was I hyperventilating again?

“And that why you don’t swing on your chairs, class,” the teacher called across the class. I was about to scramble to the front desk when the teacher glared at me. “Miss Grace please return to your desk otherwise you can visit the principal.” I think I’ll take the principal, screw my perfect behaviour, I couldn’t last an hour with him breathing down my neck.