Chapter 8

"In love we often doubt what we most believe"

-Francoud de La Rochefoycauld-

***

Stefano's P.O.V

The business has been keeping my time away from the rest of them. It has been quite frustrating leaving my loved ones alone as i have been used to their presence.

I wonder, what are they doing right now ?

"The project has been done, and we assume we will gain 25 % of the profits, The Windsland has signed the contract, and -"

My secretary's voice, just doesn't get in me at all.

I seriously cannot concentrate right now. It has been a week, and i miss them so much.
Maybe i should call them, maybe not. what if they cannot pick up ?

"Sir, are you listening ?" She moves her hand in front of me. Gosh, that startled .

"Of course i'm listening, what makes you think that ?" I look at her and she has an annoyed face. Since when did Bianca dare to put on such a face on me.

Am i slowly softening ? Stefano Capello, pull yourself together !

"Bianca, i do not like that expression of yours" i say bluntly. She seems to snap out of it and apologize.

We continue the meeting, and i just ignore the stares from gentlemen in the room.

***

I head for dinner, Romeo is visiting me at Rome and we have a nice dinner at a busy and classy five star restaurant just like we always did on our young age.
It's not like 30 is that old of an age, but it's a year to start building ourselves in a more mature way.

"Man, i can't believe you have such a nice family now" he sips his red bitter wine with a casual attitude.

"Yeah, i just have a really good luck"

"I wish i can have such thing too"

Did i mishear or what ? For Romeo Dominos to say such an innocent thing, he must be on a fever or something.

"Get yourself one, then"

He stare at me with a 'are you serious' look on his eyes. I can't help but slightly tease his unfortunate luck in love.

It's not like no one loves him. Women from all across the world do want to get on his bed, and money, but i guess he is just too much of a playboy to settle on one woman.

"Actually, there is someone i have been aiming lately" he put on a stupid grin on his face. What is he ? A teenage boy in love ?

"And, who might that be ?" I ask curiously, who is it again this time, the unfortunate girl to become his next 'once a month treat'

"Your sister" he says shyly, as if he is embarassed. And i get startled a bit by that.

"You mean Agata ? Man, she already has a fiancee" i say in a serious tone. If it really true, i will be doomed.

"No, gosh, no, i would never date an engaged or married woman" he rushes through his words, trying ro defend himself.

"Then, don't tell me..."

"Right, Celine" my eyes widen. He has been being petty and flirty around my big sis lately, but i didn't think he was serious. I should have taken notice before.

"You are into older women ?"

"Well, i am not always do, but she is special, you know" i can almost see sparks in his eyes. This guy is serious, isn't he ?

"You know, you better not mess with her, it's either me or her that will kill you" i say half serious.

"Bur this time, it's real man, i can feel it, she's the one"

I see...

Foe the first time in years of being friends, that i hear such words from the ultimate player. He has never commited before, it's scary.

"She is fierce and hard to approach for sure" he starts talking again.

"The last time i tried to flirt with her, i get a kick in the ball" his expressions changes slightly. It seems like it did hurt a lot. But that's more like her.

"Yet, i still like her, that's true love isn't it ?"

Is this the Romeo i know ? He seems like a totally different person. What kind of playboy actually admits such a thing as true love ?

"But you know, she's been hurt" this time, his eyes widen.

"What do you mean ?"

"You know, bad breakup in the past, things like that"

Now that i mention it.

Does bad breakup after commitment run in the family ? If so i need to get a priest to break this curse.

I wouldn't want Alan to experience such a painful thing when he grows up.

"Does that explain why she is so cold hearted ?" He finishes his last sip of wine and stare at me.

"You could say so"

He clench his fist. What is this guy thinking ?

"I don't mind, i would still get her in the end"

I sigh for the last time. Why did i decide to become friends with him in the first place.

"Sure, do whatever you want"

***

Celine's P.O.V

Agata asked me to get a dress for her wedding shower. What a pain. It's her wedding, and i, the bridesmaid, end up being the one preparing for 50 % of things since my parents are so busy and she and Lucas needs to plan their future.

I do feel kind of pathetic, i am the eldest of them all, i am turning 32 this year, yet i still haven't got married, while Stefano already has a kid, and Agata will get married in two months at the age of 26. Maybe i will have to spend the rest of my life as a strong independent single woman.

As i walk down the street, i see a lot of couple holding hands together. Looking all lovey dovey.

This is irritating, i have such a "wonderful" luck.

Let's just hurry up and get in the store. "Heaven Bridal" this is a fine shop in the district, not the grandest, but not the commonly visited either due to the VIP price tag.

I love how everything is decorated in Silver Themed Line. Even the glass has some shimmer touch to it.

I hold the doorknob to open it, before i feel a hand touching mine at the same time.

I turn around to see who it is, and i am definitely feeling unluckt today.

"Pierre"