Six

It was the next day and everything seemed pretty average: some of the Task Force members that were supposed to be working were sort of slacking off (mostly Matsuda), L and Light were typing away and Misa was being annoying and pestering everyone (but mostly Light and Matsuda).

Light gazed in L's direction as Watari walked into the room, pulling a small cart behind him filled with sweets for L.

"Thank you, Watari," L murmured, looking up at the older man and smiling thankfully. Watari gave L a small smile in return and placed a hand gently on L's shoulder before leaving the room and L dug into his cake.

Soichiro approached L, smiling a bit. "May I have one of your pastries?" He asked politely. L looked up at the chief and nodded. Soichiro knew that was the go-ahead to seize Light, handcuff, and confine him, so the chief looked over at Aizawa and gave a small nod. Aizawa walked over to Light, catching the attention of the others (especially Misa).

Aizawa quickly grabbed Light by his arm and dragged him out of his chair, causing him to protest.

"What the hell–?" Light questioned agitatedly, struggling in Aizawa's grip as L stood up. Aizawa pushed Light down onto the desk roughly, moving so L could get behind the teenager.

"Light!" Misa cried, trying to go to him but was held back by Matsuda. "No! Don't hurt my precious Light!"

L grabbed a squirming Light's wrists with one hand and handcuffed them with the other.

"I'm sorry, Light-kun, but until we know whether or not you're Kira, you're being put in confinement," L uttered monotonously, lifting the teenager from the desk gently, unlike how Aizawa was handling the boy.

"But I'm not Kira!" Light cried frustratedly, eyes wide and completely innocent.

L shrugged it off as an act; Kira couldn't fool him.

"Then I'm sure you'll have no problem going into confinement to prove your 'innocence'? If you really are Kira, then this'll make you stop playing God."

Light looked into L's black eyes, pleading silently. "Please, don't do this L," he begged. "I'm not Kira, please just listen." He saw L turn away and go sit down the way he usually did. Light turned to the chief. "Father—"

"Son, it's for your own good," Soichiro sighed, looking away. "If you aren't Kira, don't worry."

Light was then taken away and lead to his confinement room by Aizawa and Mogi and Misa was lead out of the building by Matsuda.

L looked at the chief. "Well done, Yagami-san," the raven-haired man uttered, grabbing a piece of cake. "Now let's wait and see."

The chief sighed once more and began to eat a pastry.

"I have some bad news."

The footsteps from the other began to get louder, so he turned, looking in that direction.

"What is it?" He asked, moving away from the window to sit down in the nearby chair. It was storming out, and lighting flashed. "Did you find 'Him' yet?"

"Unfortunately not, but it's about Yagami Light," the other sighed softly, kneeling down. "The Task Force members and L had restrained him and put him in confinement."

"Dammit," he muttered, slamming his fists down on the arms of his chair.

"Kira, my God," the other murmured, standing up and walking towards the chair where he, Kira, sat delicately. before stopping a few feet away. "Do you think we should stop the killings?"