Webcams and Drunk Dads

Flyguy227: ok. I'll call you! Don't go anywhere babe.

Babe. He called me babe. Sexy, beautiful, and babe. It's like we're dating or something. I mean, I hardly know this guy! But, he's so sweet...

I saw a window pop up that said 'flyguy227 would like to video chat.' I moved my cursor on the 'accept' button. My heart started beating a billion miles an hour. My whole body started to shake. The 'connecting' thing went away and a shadowy face popped up. I could sorta make out his face. It was definitely the same man in the picture, that's for sure. I could see him smiling. His teeth were whiter than the snow fall in January.

We just sat there in silence. Someone needed to break it. It was just so awkward and weird.

"Uh, hi there?" I said.

I could hear a faint chuckle in the background. "Hey sweetie."

His voice gave me goosebumps. It was deep, but not too deep. It was the perfect combination of manly and sweet, if that makes sense.

"You're voice sounds so soothing. You look so beautiful. You are so... So perfect." He said quietly. The way he said it made me feel wanted. Made me feel like I belong.

"Oh, well." I blushed.

"Cathy, your name suits you as well. It makes you sound sophisticated." He smiled.

I smiled as well. "You're making me sound like a goddess. I'm not that pretty. I don't have that good of a personality. Blake I-"

"Cathy stop." Blake put on a serious face. "You are amazing. Even though we don't know each other that much, I can tell how beautiful your personality is."

I shook my head as a tears rolled down my cheek.

"Cathy, why are you crying dear?"

I looked up at him. "Nobody's ever said that to me. I've always been alone. But now, I feel like I belong. Because of you."

All of the sudden, Blake started to laugh. I was so confused!

"W-why are you laughing?" A stuttered.

"Because your eyeliner! It's smeared! You look like you just joined the Black Parade!" He laughed.

MCR jokes? I love this guy!

I started laughing too. "You make MCR jokes?"

"Is Gerard the queen of sass?"

I smiled. "Yeah."

Then we were quiet for like, 5 minutes. Those 5 minutes were like, the awkwardest 5 minutes ever.

Blake broke that silence, though, with something that would change my life.

"Cathy, I think I might have feelings for you. I just have this feeling in my gut. When I look at you, I get this feeling of pleasure. I like you Cathy."

I felt like I was struck by lightning. My heart did cartwheels.

I smiled. "Blake, I think I like you too."

He smiled as well.

Then I heard the front door slam.

My dad was home. I'm sure he didn't go to work either. I think he went to the bar.

"CATHY! I WANT TO SEEEEE YOUUUUU!!!"

"Crap. My dad's home. He's drunk too. I'll talk to you in a little bit."

"No Cathy, please! Don't go."

I ignored him. I clicked off the webcam and got up. I went downstairs and found my dad sitting on the couch.

When he saw me, he chuckled. "You are such a disappointment. I mean, all you do is listen to music! Cathy, lemme tell you something. You....yo....."

Then he just passed out. Right then and there. I rolled my eyes and picked up a blanket. It threw it over him.

I love my dad. He just, likes alcohol. A lot. I mean, he doesn't mean anything he says. The next morning he'll get up and act like none of it happened. That's because he doesn't remember anything.

My mom came home later that night. I made some homemade pizza for us. I mean, cooking is like my secret skill. It calms me down as well.

I cleaned the dishes and rushed upstairs. I threw on my pajamas and went in bed. I started to read a book called "The Night She Disappeared." This pizza delivery girl got kidnapped and her friends try and find her.

It's a really great book.

Halfway through the book, my eyes started to get heavy. The next thing you know, I fell into a deep sleep.