Chapter Eleven.

«Can I take it to a morning where the fields are painted gold and the trees are filled with memories of the feelings never told?»

---

"You're the most thoughtless person in this damn world Alexandra Jane Westorn" Antonio said as soon as Alexandra stepped into the apartment. He had his arms crossed over his chest and a disapproving stare planted on his eyes; he looked exactly like her mother when she didn't wear the dress she wanted her to wear. "You left since yesterday's morning and didn't even text me where you were. I thought the fucking Spanish mafia kidnapped you and sold your organs, Jesus Christ. Where the hell were you?"

Alexandra suppressed a chuckle; he just used the words Jesus Christ, fucking and hell in the same speech.

"I spent the night at Antoine's" She said as if it was the most usual thing in the world. "He didn't want to go out with the guys so he invited me over to chat and eat ice cream, time passed by and we realized it was too late to drive home or ask for a taxi so he offered me to stay at his home" Alexandra explained. She left her belongings in their usual place and walked over the kitchen.

Antonio's expression softened and followed her through the apartment with his gaze. "Not even a fucking text Alexandra" He reprimanded her. Alexandra took a chalk and turned her body to write something in the blackboard hanging on their fridge.

"I totally blanked out, I'm sorry" She said, turning back at him. Antonio tried to watch at what she wrote in the blackboard but her body was covering the words. "Don't worry, we didn't do inappropriate things. I even left when he was still sleeping so I wouldn't bother him, he is probably still tired"

"Did you sleep together? Isn't his house big enough to have like five rooms?" Antonio raised an eyebrow with interest. She shrugged indifferently.

"By the way, I forgot to tell you something" Her body stopped covering the blackboard, revealing what was written on it.

Atlético de Madrid 3
Barcelona 2

She also wrote "Fernando Torres and Antoine Griezmann(x2)" under those words. Antonio sighed in resignation; he knew she wouldn't forget about that. Alexandra weirdly danced around the kitchen while singing 'you are out, I'm still in'. He twirled his eyes at her when she started to point mockingly at the blackboard.

"Okay, your boyfriend kicked my ass not only in real life football but in fantasy football too and that's why he's not allowed in this house anymore" Antonio teased, she threw the chalk in her hands to him.

"Yes he did" She proudly said. "And he's still allowed in this house because it isn't Antoine's fault that you were born a loser like Luis Suárez" She was still bitter about Luis Suárez, especially after what he did to Godín, a.k.a his national team teammate, in the game. He thought it was UFC or some shit like that.

"First of all, you need to stop loathing towards Suárez" Alexandra arrogantly shook her head. "And second, I really love the fact that you didn't deny the boyfriend status I gave Antoine in my sentence" The corners of his mouth went up in a self-sufficient way.

Alexandra snorted. She basically had that chat with everybody around her social circle. Yes, she knew they probably acted like non-usual friends, and yes, they sometimes casually flirted in a minimal way but it was nothing new for her, she used to do it back in the day in Columbia with Antonio –and look at that, they never went further than friendship. Alexandra also was aware that she indeed had her doubts about her feelings for Antoine, but after sleeping with him –as in the same bed with no sexual innuendos– she clarified herself that nothing could ever happen between them. Alexandra realized that Antoine needed someone who could settle down with him and she clearly wasn't that kind of girl.