Chapter Twenty Six.

«I remember all of the things that I thought I wanted to be. So desperate to find a way out of my world and finally breathe. Right before my eyes I saw, my heart it came to life. This ain't easy, it's not meant to be, every story has its scars.»  

---

One of the things Alexandra hated the most was the way she was feeling; yeah, the way she was feeling before pressing the doorbell. Leaving Brendan was a walk in the park comparing to this. But of course, she never felt for Brendan half the things she felt when she was with Antoine. Alexandra took a deep breath and finally pressed the doorbell. Every inch of her heart felt the consequences of her decision.

It's hurting more than it should, she told to herself.

When Antoine opened the door and his charming smile and beautiful baby blue eyes received her, Alexandra pretty much felt someone was squeezing her heart so hard, it could turn into dust. He kissed her and that only helped her to feel a lot worse than before. She knew he didn't deserve it. I broke my promise.

Antoine pulled away and smiled sweetly, she returned the smile –or at least tried to. He let her into his house and closed the door. Alexandra noticed he was cooking something since a really good smell came out of his kitchen.

"Dinner is almost ready, get comfortable mon amour" Why do you have to do things so complicated Antoine Griezmann?

She didn't exactly get comfortable, how could she?

"I am leaving Antoine" He stopped as soon as those words came out of her mouth. "I got offered a job in H&R, a law firm in England and I took it" Telling him about her change of decision from the first choice wasn't a very good idea.

He was still giving her his back, processing what she just told. Antoine noticed she acted different since the day the club fired her –hell, he noticed changes even after their first official date– and damn he understood that but never expected that was the reason why.

Her eyes kept glued to him until he finally whirled around and faced her. His face was telling her that he was confused, not sad.

"That's...great Alex" She frowned. "I mean, it isn't great?" He questioned due to her face.

"How is that great?" He shrugged. "I'm moving to another country Antoine, that's not great, how can you say that's great?"

"Well you are a lawyer and I'm guessing you would like to work as one after working as an assistant in a football club" He said in slow motion.

Alexandra shook her head and squeezed her eyes. "Do you know what I am trying to do here is break whatever this is?" She motioned with her hand at both of them.

And that felt like a cold shower for him. Now Antoine understood why she looked so crestfallen when he opened the door. His expression completely changed to a confused one. He began his way towards her; Alexandra's gaze darted to the floor. She felt when he stopped right in front of her, only a few centimeters between both.

"Alex look at me" He pleaded. She slowly lifted her head until her eyes found his azure ones. "You know that's not necessary, I mean we can try long distance and it's not going to be for too long right? You'll try to find a job in Madrid again?" Much to his disappointment she didn't answer as fast as he thought she would. "Alexandra please, tell me that's your plan" He took her hands.

Her eyes darted from his grip to his eyes again. "If I leave, I'm not coming back Antoine"

"But we can still try long distance" He insisted. "Alex I–"