iii. hidden feelings

« HIDDEN FEELINGS » 

        Draco knew he shouldn't have done that. He well knew, but the fire of jealousy was burning every limp, every inch of his body. He also knew Potter was doing it to get on his nerves, but he decided he won't give him the pleasure.

          Wandering around the fourth floor, with his hands inside his pockets and his eyes lost, he realized that maybe the sudden feelings he felt towards the brunette weren't real. Maybe his mind was tricking him, because he was so eager to feel something and not let his thoughts take over him with painful idea that he was an emotionless Death Eater, and that he needed to kill the most powerful man in the wizarding world. Perhaps, his heart needed some sort of action after all the pain Draco has been through.

          "Mr. Malfoy," He turned around as soon he heard Snape's deep voice close. "What are you doing up this late?" He asked, with his emotionless expression.

          "Just thinking." He quickly replied, walking to the Slytherin common room.

          "It's quite late for someone to be out of bed thinking." He said, causing Draco to stop dead in his tracks. "I didn't make an Unbreakable Vow for you to be more worried about a silly girl instead on focusing on the real task the Dark Lord wants you to do."

          "I don't need your help." He hissed and practically ran away from the professor.

          He hated being questioned, he really did. He hated being underestimated. Draco was tired of people doubting him, so this task was an opportunity to prove himself and the world that he can be a man, an evil and cruel man.

          Walking quickly, he rapidly mumbled the password to walk inside the dark and mysterious common room he used to call home. With desperation, he unbuttoned his robes and loosened his tie. No one was in sight, until he spotted a shadow in front of the fireplace.

          It was Anastasia.

          He noticed she was too silent for his liking, too broken. His eyes traveled from her to the stack of papers in her hands, the ones that she was throwing and the shaking hands holding them.

          The thought of helping her was quickly replaced with the reminder that he had to stay away from her if he really wanted to successfully perform the task Voldemort wanted him to make. Shaking his head rigorously, he walked inside his dorm and silently closed the door behind him.

          Meanwhile, Anastasia drowned in her sadness as she looked over and over at the letters her parents gave her to read in the train. How proud they were of her, how she was a step closer to leaving Hogwarts. But she couldn't bring herself to read them. She knew those letters would be a constant reminder of the disappointment she was, how evil she turned and how the thought that she was betraying her family hurt her more than any curse in the world.

          "I'm sorry." She sobbed, throwing the last letter to the fire.

          In silence she watched the paper become ashes and the tears starting to fall down her pale cheeks, they fell like waterfalls and Anastasia didn't know what she could do to stop them. The answer was, she wasn't able to stop.

          With more tears falling on her cheeks, she got rid of her robes and rolled up her sleeves, the big and horrible Dark Mark being the first thing she saw. The suppressed sob she was holding left out as she broke down with the warmth of the fireplace hugging her in an attempt to comfort her, but like her attempts to become a better person, it was in vain.