Chapter 5- Face the Facts

Xavier's POV

                “Zack, she… frustrates me.  She is the first one that I have ever seen who just plain hates us.  I don’t like it.”  I pause.  What is it about this girl that has it in for me?  “I mean, she doesn’t even trust me enough to tell me her real name.  I have to admit, I’m pretty mad that she has the nerve to lie to me, even though she knows I won’t hurt her.”

                “But, she doesn’t know that.  Alice thinks that we will hurt her.  She honestly believes that we are monsters.”  Zack stares at me, as if I am missing something incredibly obvious. 

                “What?” I question, not liking how Zack is leading me on.  “Do you know something that I don’t?”

                “Well, yes.  Are you honestly that thick-headed?  If you want her to like you, you can’t scare her into submission.”

                “Zack spit it out!”

                “You want her as your partner.  It seems to be obvious to everyone else but you.  I still find it weird that you haven’t found someone worth staying with.”  I stare at him in confusion.  “You know that you have to find a bride, and soon, to keep your place as leader.  It might as well be Alice.  She is beautiful, and worthy of you, too.  She’s strong enough to lead this coven.  And a bit of a spitfire, if I say so myself.  Like my Emma. ”  Zack chuckles a bit, and I bristle. 

                “Look at you, my man.  You are practically radiating she’s mine, back off hormones.  You have never been this riled up, ever.”  I can understand where he is coming from.  Being leader of this coven is not an easy task, and I was specifically chosen because of my level-headedness. 

                “Alice has to love me to be my bride, and she has made it perfectly clear that she could never love-hell, she can’t even tolerate-any one of us.”  I huff in frustration because I know my words are true.    

                “Well you could at least try to talk to her without being an ass.  It seems like she is hiding something.  Some big secret.  Maybe if you two get to know each other, she will be more trusting.  Look, all I am saying is, you’re not getting anywhere sitting here and talking to me.  Just go talk to her.  Come to some sort of agreement.  I’ll talk to Emma.”

                “Isn’t that your solution to everything?  To run to your partner and spill out all of your secrets.”  I am happy for Zack about finding his bride, but honestly, I can’t deal with his talk about Emma 24/7.  It’s like his universe revolves around her or something.

                “Look, Xavier, you need to stop being so fucking pissed off at everyone who is happier than you.”  Zack stares at me coolly, and I feel ashamed for lashing out at him in a temper.  Sensing the wisdom of his words, I nod and leave the room, searching for Alice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I know this is short, but I have another upload coming up within the next two hours or so.....  Sorry for sportatic updates.  Sometimes I go a week, sometimes it's three updates a night.  It depends on the time.  

Vote and commento!