15

After two and a half agonizing hours of driving, I finally saw the hospital surrounded by a gate.

I pulled up, shows my ID, stated my name and drove to the building the guard directed me to

After parking and walking into the building, I asked for the directions to the room and bolted up the three sets of steps and down the narrow hallways.

Finally coming to the little cleaning with only four rooms and a few benches. I noticed only one figure occupying the bench.

"You're here for Blair aren't you?" The figure asked.

"Yes." I answered in a shaky voice.

The figure stood up and towered over me by a few inches. "I owe her. She saved my brother's life. If she hadn't jumped on him and knocked him over to the right when she saw that he was just about to step on a fucking mine, then it would have been more than just his ankle that would have been missing." He said, gave me a or on the shoulder and then retreated to the room 357.
"Oh and, they gave the OK to go into her room." He added and the disappeared behind the wooden door.

I took a deep breath, and then took several steps until I was face to face with the door. I pulled it open and was hit with the strong scent of bleach and the unmistakable sound of a hear monitor.

I was about to break down there and then.
Pulling up a chair next to her bed, I took her ice cold hand in line and pulled it up to my lips for a kiss.
He's chest was wrapped with crisp white bandages. Well they could have been if there wasn't blood coming from between the folds. I sat there for a few hours until the doctor came in.

3 hours later.

Sitting at the hospital and looking at her nearly lifeless body, I've never felt more terrible in my life. Luckily she didn't lose any limbs, but was close to it, she got severe damage on her chest and back and had a 85% chance of paralysis, which the doctors luckily took care of.

Not being able to handle this, I went outside and into the parking lot if the hospital. I sat down on the bench, thinking about all of the events that have happened.

She was now a national hero, she saved 25 men at a mine field at the cost of her own life.

I wiped a tear away from my eye, and looked off into the distance. Cars were passing by. Some coming into the parking lot, some leaving. The light of houses, the lights from the hospital that surrounded me.

I began singing. One of the songs that could best express my feelings. Pierce the veil- A match into water.

I kissed the scars on her skin
I still think you're beautiful
And I don't ever wanna lose my best friend.
(Raising his voice)
I screamed out, "God, you vulture (you vulture),
Bring her back or take me with her."
Tear it down, break the barricade
I want to see what sound it makes
I hate this flavor with a passion and I fucking hate the aftertaste

How does it feel? (How does it feel?)
How does it feel? Well it feels like I'm on fire!
Wake up, I know you can hear me.

Make me a promise here tonight, love like a tidal wave
Dreamless in early graves, I never want it to be this way
The chemicals will bring you home again
This is it, when it's done, we can say that,
When it's sudden death we fight back

And just as I finished that lyrics, I heard screeching tires off in the distance two pairs of headlights flashed in front of me, and I felt myself flying through the parking lot.

And just as I landed on the ground, I muttered the first thing that came to my mind.

She's mine
You stay away from her
It's not her time.
'Cause, baby, I'm the one
Who haunts her dreams at night,
Until she's satisfied.