Prologue

Hello lovelies! This story is very near and dear to my heart. I've put so much of myself and my love into this so I really hope you enjoy it. :) This is a bit of a sad beginning but it certainly ends happily. I promise :) Thanks xxx. 

I was giggling profusely in the passenger’s seat of Justin’s red jeep when he pulled up to a stop at a red light. He was driving me home from a party at our friend’s house. I remember exactly what he was wearing; a black and red checkered button down with a white t-shirt underneath. He left it unbuttoned like always with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He looked so handsome. He had on his favorite pair of dark blue jeans with a pair of black converse.

He continued to sing Just Dance by Lady Gaga at the top of his lungs, not caring if his voice cracked or if he was off tune. I loved that about him. He didn’t care about what anyone thought. He did what he wanted, when he wanted, even if he looked like a fool. He was just him. And he was amazing. He was the love of my life. He was my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first everything. He and I planned our futures together. He was going to USC in the fall and I to UCLA. Opposing schools but no stupid school rivalry will ever tear us apart. He and I got on great. He was funny and outgoing, and I was quiet and shy but with him I was everything I thought I wasn’t. With him, I was a better version of myself. He made me better.

"Babe, you're a terrible singer!" I laughed. 

He gave me his best sad puppy face and pouted, "You're so mean." 

I pinched his cheek and kissed his lips softly, "No, I'm honest."

"Well since we're being honest with each other, I have to let you know something." he said looking extremely serious. I was worried he was going to tell me some dark confession. Like he had some weird sex fetish or that he was cheating on me. I felt my face fall. "I can't wait to live with you next year." he said finally, smiling big. 

I hit him on the arm as hard as I could for scaring me. "You jerk!" He just laughed. "Well, can I give you some truth?" I asked trying to keep him in suspense like he did with me. 

He narrowed his eyes at me and looked at me suspiciously but nodded. 

I smiled, "I love you. Even if you do have an awful voice." 

He chuckled, "Thanks, I love you too" He stared at me for a couple seconds before reaching his hand out to cup the side of my face. His thumb stroked my cheek lovingly before he placed a soft kiss on my bottom lip, then my top lip then finally giving me what I've been waiting for all night. His lips slowly grazed mine. I loved the way our lips felt like they fit perfectly together. The way his lips moved against mine was so sensual and almost erotic. Every time we kissed, I couldn't help but want more. I wanted his skin on mine. Slowly, he pulled away and when my eyes fluttered open I saw him looking ahead at the road. He always left me in a daze when we kissed. 

He turned to me smiling that wonderful smile of his that reached his eyes. His beautiful blue eyes that went beautifully with his dirty blonde hair. I loved the way his eyes squinted slightly when he smiled at me. It’s like he was smiling just for me and that made my heart flutter every time.

He eased off the brake and accelerated once the light turned green. And the next thing I knew a car crashed right into the drivers side. I woke up in the hospital in a panic. I didn’t know where I was. I was breathing heavily taking in the sight of the needles in my hands and arms. The tube providing oxygen through my nose felt weird, I tried to take it off  with my right hand and suddenly a jolt of pain shot through my wrist. It was in a cast . I groaned in pain when my mom gently tugged my hand down to stop me. Immediately, I sighed in relief. My mom leaned over the bed running her hand over my forehead lovingly. Her eyes glazed over with gratitude. I knew she was happy to see me awake.