Chapter 3

"Oh Beau! I've missed you, sweetie." My mom coos as she engulfs him in a bug hug. She sprinkles kisses all over his head. Beau and I see my mom every Sunday. We drive over to Simi Valley one Sunday and my mom drives over to LA the next and it's been that way for the last two and a half years. My mom absolutely adores Beau. She spoils him to no end. And from the huge toothy grin on his face I can tell Beau is loving every minute of it.

"Nanna Lucy, I dropped my car." he giggles trying to reach down to retreive his favorite red car.

"Oh did you? I guess I should let you down then?" she smiles at him not releasing him one bit. He nods, "Nah, I think I'll just keep you here in my arms and hug you forever, cause you're my baby."

She rocks him in her arms like a baby and he giggles even more, "No! I'm not a baby!"

She laughs looking completely happy. I think leaving my mom was the hardest thing for me to do. Not only because Beau and I were really dependent on her from the moment I found out I was pregnant but also because every time we come visit I can tell she misses us so much. "Oh okay. I guess I have to let you go." 

She reluctantly sets him down and turns to me to suffocate me in a tight hug, "Hi sweetie."

She pulls back to look at me carefully, "How've you been? You're looking thin."

Ever since Beau and I moved out of her house, she has never stopped worrying about us. She calls me everyday to check in and when we meet up on weekends she makes sure to feeds us because she thinks we've been living in complete poverty. No matter how many times I assure her that Beau and I are fine, she just can't help herself. And I get it. If Beau was in the same situation as me I think I'd be worse than my mom. I don't think I would even let him move out. But my mom was great. She didn't want me to move out but she supported my decision anyways. She was the best mom and I hope that Beau would think the same of me when he's all grown up.

I didn't answer her because it wouldn't matter what I said, she would feed me anyways.

"Come inside, I made Mac and Cheese." she said making sure to say it loud enough so Beau would hear.

And not a second later I hear Beau squeal, "Mac and cheese, Nanna Lucy?!"

Nothing but pure excitement in his eyes. She laughs and matches his tone with the same amount of excitement, "Yes, Mac and Cheese!"

He jumps up to hug me around my hips, "Momma, mac and cheese!" I tried to hold him up but he was squirming in delight. He sure did love his mac and cheese.

"Well, you better go get some before I finish it all." I joke and he runs towards the kitchen hand in hand with my mom.

I put our stuff in my old room and try as quickly as possible to head back out to the kitchen to join my mom and Beau. No matter how many times I tried to strip my room of the memories of Justin and I, it was no use. Even though the walls were bare as it could be, I can still remember what picture hung where. Sometimes, I can even picture Justin laying on my bed the way he use to. He would have his hands behind his head looking up at the ceiling, looking as relaxed as ever with an easy smile on his face. So many things happened in my room. He asked me to be his girlfriend randomly while we were watching tv on my bed. I was trying to catch up with the episodes of How I Met Your Mother that I missed but his hands kept roaming around my midsection. After I've had enough of his distractions, I turned over to smack him on the chest but was stopped his a firm kiss on my lips. Still dazed from his lips on my lips, I faintly heard him ask me to be his girlfriend and all I could do was nod. I was 15 and he just turned 16. He was everything to me.

As I walk down the hallway to get to the kitchen, I'm reminded of Justin and I's first time making love. It wasn't just sex, it was love, lust, passion, all into one. We were both virgins. I have no idea how it happened but one minute we were making out on my couch the next we were stumbling along this very hallway bumping into the walls struggling to get to my room. We hurriedly stripped ourselves of the clothes we were wearing. And gosh, I can never forget the way he looked at me. He watched as I lay myself flat on my back on my bed. He just stood at the foot of the bed and stared in awe. Like I was the most beautiful thing in the world. He couldn't even speak and that just made me laugh. It was so funny how I, Riley Adams, had that effect on him. I had to sit up and pull him to me. And once I did that, all I got out of him was, "Wow." Neither of us knew what we were doing. We struggled to figure out what went where for a second but once we got things right, it was perfect. He was slow and so attentive with me. He constantly made sure I was hurting. It was just so perfect for us.