The Amityville Horror : hoax or reality

On November 13, 1974, In Amityville, New York 
Ronald Defeo burst into Harry's Bar screaming his parents had been shot.

Police discovered the bodies of 6 members of the DeFeo family..
Father, mother,. and 4 of the 5 Defeo children                   were found, Face Down, executed in their beds.

Ronald claimed he wasn't home during the murders
and only discovered the bodies of his parents prior to arriving at Harry's Bar
But after Police found a gun box for a .35-Marlin Rifle in Ronald's Room, he subsequincially confessed.

After a lengthy trial Ronald DeFeo Was found guilty of the heinous murders.
And was sentenced to 6 consecutive life sentences.

But There's never been a solid explanation of how just this 1 person acting alone could take the lives of these 6 people in an Upscale residential community and the shots from an unsilenced 35-marlin rifle were never heard.

Why the victims showed no sign of struggle all found face down
Toxicology showed no signs of the family being drugged and forensics felt the bodies were never moved.
The Lutz Family

On December 18, 1975, the Lutz family moved into the DeFeo home.
Though it had only been 13 months since the DeFeo murders had occurred,
George and Kathleen Lutz thought the Dutch colonial
was a lovely home and a steal at $80,000 Never expecting
they’d have to leave it all behind 28 days later.

A catholic priest arrived while the Lutz family was unpacking  to bless the family home. As the priest made his way upstairs to the second floor entering the bedroom which had formerly belonged to Marc and John DeFeo, he began sprinkling holy water at which point an unseen voice told the priest "Get out!"  Which he hastily did.

The Priest did not tell the Lutz family about the voice,
But he did warn them " Do not use it the upstair room as a bedroom, and not do not let anyone sleep in there.”  Although ominous, the Lutz family abided by the words of the priest and turned the room into a sewing room.

”  Although ominous, the Lutz family abided by the words of the priest and turned the room into a sewing room

From the very first night they moved in, the family claimed they felt strange sensations. Within days the family's personality had drastically changed arguments ensued.

George was plagued by a constant chill and spent all his time feeding the fire place
George also noticed a change in his grooming habits and his and Kathy's health declined drastically.

The Lutz's daughter began spending all her time in her room playing with an imaginary friend. She described as red eyed pig called Jodie, who could transform not only shape but size at times being larger than the house.
Jodie also claimed she could not be seen by anyone unless she wanted them to..

Mysterious foul odors would emanate from different locations of the house.
Black stains appeared on the toilets and ceramic fixtures.
Kathy was touched by an unseen force and a
Green gelatin substance would appear throughout the house.