Chapter 7 -The Honeymoon

The wedding as simple as it was, made the kiss seemed breathtaking even though it was barely three seconds long. The rest of the time was spent signing the wedding license and Stacy taking pictures for her memory book.

"Bella, wait don't move, Jackson will take a picture of all three of us and then one of just Bella, and I please?" She asked as she batted her long lashes at him. Jackson shook his head and walked over to grab the camera from her fingers.

"Yeah, alright. Everyone get nice and close and smile." He said and snapped the photos that she wanted.

As they walked out of the courthouse, Stacy stopped and turned to look at the newlyweds as a tan Impala honked its horn. "Well, my ride is here. Enjoy your week of freedom you two." She said with a musical laugh and a wink as she turned around and headed for the car. She knew it would make them uncomfortable, but how was she to resist the urge to embarrass her big brother.

Jonathan and Bella both flushed and had a slight brightness to their cheeks as they turned towards Jackson. "Thank you for being here as best man and witness." Stated Jonathan as they shook hands and looked towards Jonathan's new bride.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, ma'am. I know the circumstances aren't what most people would dream of but, I think it's mighty nice of you to do something like this for them to keep the ranch." Jackson said as he tipped his black cowboy hat at her.

Arabella smiled at the attorney and spoke in a hushed tone. "It's not a problem, trust me I needed a change of scenery." Man, she thought to herself does Montana sure know how to make some good-looking people. No wonder women were okay with mail-order bride ads back in the day.

It was a short but quiet drive back to the ranch, neither one of them was sure what to say to each other. Bella twisted her hands in knots the entire ride back wondering if she should compliment him on his attire or would that be weird. What if he expected to have marital with her tonight, should she do it or stand her ground and not become physically attached. There were just so many thoughts all going at lightning-fast speeds around her brain.

The silence was broken as they reached the metal sign that welcomed them home at the bottom of the long road. "Well, home sweet home," Jonathan murmured. He wasn't concerned that maybe Arabella was having doubts about this marriage and if the silence was what was to be expected for the next six months.

Arabella sighed "God the ranch is beautiful at this time of night." The sun setting in the west painted the sky with bright pink, orange and purple hues that she never knew existed. "I have never seen the night sky look as gorgeous as it is here. I am not sure I can ever get enough of it." She stated with a smile placed gently on her face.

Hearing her talk about her love for the landscape and of his homemade Jonathan relax a little more as they pulled up to the house and being the gentleman that he ran over to open the truck door for his new bride but before her feet could touch the ground he swooped her up into his arms.

"This might not be the most traditional day or wedding, but my mama always told me that when you get married, you always carry the woman across the thresh hold," he said as he brought her into the house and stood her upright in the kitchen.