50| Red Moon Pack

RED MOON PACK: ALPHA ZELUS

Asena's POV

That night I sit alone on the back porch of Zelus's house, feeling an odd ache in my chest that hasn't left me since I awoke in Octavian's truck.

He told me that I fell asleep while talking to Yana, which didn't surprise him apparently. She's boring according to him, only her teas are useful.

I ask him about the tea he drank which starts him off on a rant about his mate. He tells me that the tea lets him see his mate, even though he's never met her before. Apparently she has big blue eyes, rosy cheeks, and long black hair. He says she's perfect.

As much as I want to listen about his experience I tune him out for most of the ride. My mind keeps travelling back to Yana and her song.

Octavian left an hour ago to spend time with some old friends at a bar in the city, and I haven't seen Zelus since this morning. He's been getting home late every night since his brother has arrived so I don't bother in worrying about it. He's giving me the space I wanted and oddly enough it's working. I'm craving for his presence although I know it might take a while for everything to go back to normal.

As normal as it was when I first met him.

I finish my cup of hot chocolate, setting it down on the table beside me. When I look back up I have to swallow a scream.

Half a football field away, between the trees of the forest is a figure hidden in the shadows of the moon. It creeps forward, but I'm immobile. The voice inside my head tells me to stay still and to be calm.

A minute passes before finally I'm relieved of my breath, tears of happiness falling down my cheeks.

"Ryan," I whisper in shock. I get up and run to him, jumping into his arms and wrapping my legs around his waist. As soon as I'm in embrace I feel at home. Small tingles run up my spine from his touch and I feel my heart beating erratically in my chest.

I gasp in surprise and pull away from him. His eyes meet mine with the same amount of shock I feel.

"Do you," he whispers, licking his lips, "feel that?"

I nod my head hesitantly. I'm drawn instinctively to his eyes that are swirling with blue. I have never felt this type of connection with him before. It's similar to the bond I feel with Zelus, but not as strong.

With one arm still holding me up, Ryan lifts his other one to trace his fingertips over the mark upon my neck: Zelus's mark.

I shiver in delight, my wolf humming in pleasure. As if my body is on auto pilot, I lift my face to the sky, revealing my neck to him. A few long seconds pass before Ryan gives me what I want. His lips touch my mark, making me moan with the heat it causes to spread through my body. Ryan takes control and tightens his hold on me, and then he begins to nip and lick every piece of skin on my neck.

His hand wraps around my neck softly, guiding my face to his. My eyes flitter open as his face nears me, his lips searching for mine.

I honestly don't know what caused me to suddenly remember, but Zelus's face appears in my mind. As quickly as I can I separate from Ryan, creating multiple feet of distance between us.

He looks at me in surprise and disappointment. I can only shake my head in response.

"You thought of Alpha Zelus didn't you," he whispers against the slight breeze in the wind.

"How did you know that?"

"Because I was the one who thought of him," he admits. "When I was about to kiss you I was imagining the look of pain on his face when he would find out. My thoughts must have crossed over to you."