Chapter Twelve - Father

Ichimatsu, Syrio, and you went to the park. The two boys kept glaring at each other. It reminded you of when you and Ryou would walk home with Ichimatsu tagging along.

Sitting down in between Ichimatsu and your brother, you explained what happened.

"It happened four years ago and some months when I met Ichimatsu. I was going to commit suicid-" someone cut you off.

"Wait, what?! Why?!" your brother shouted.

"Shut up, you shit-for-a-brother." Ichimatsu growled. Syrio glared at him.

"Anyways, Ichimatsu stopped me. After that I started hanging out with him alot. He would wait for me outside the train station. We also started datin-" You were cut off again.

"Wait, WHAT?! Why?!" your brother exclaimed again.

You blinked in annoyance.

"Maybe if you didn't have your headset on and cooped in your room all day you would've known, you shit!" you yelled, making Syrio's eyes round and widen in shock. Ichimatsu nodded in agreement.

"Anyways, dad found out me and Ichimatsu were dating and beat me again-" Cut off, again.

"What do you mean again?!" he said.

"Will you just let her talk, you-" Ichimatsu started.

"Ichimatsu, please." you said, trying to calm him down.

"Tch.."

"I ran away from home and stayed with Ichimatsu's family. After that, I ran away for a certain reason that I wont state. I stayed away for four years. I met my roommate, and got a job. And now I'm here." you said, sighing. Looking up, you smiled a bit.

"My life has been better. I bet dad is happier since I'm gone too, huh?" you said, looking at Syrio.

Syrio stood up, and grabbed your wrist.

"S-Syrio, what are you-" you began, but he was on his phone. His grip was strong and firm. Heck, it might even leave a mark.

"Dad? Dad! I found her! I found (Y/N)!" he said into his phone.

"Let go of me!" you screeched. "I'm not going back there!"

"Let go of her!" Ichimatsu yelled, grabbing your wrist.

"No! You're coming home!" Syrio yelled back, dragging you towards his home.

"Syrio, what's going on son? What do you mean you 'found' (Y/N)?"

You froze. He sounded so much kinder to your brother.

"(Y/N)'s alive! She's alive! (Y-Y/N), let's go!" your brother screeched.

"I said, let go of her!" Ichimatsu yelled, grabbing Syrio and pushing him off of you. Grabbing your wrist, he took you away from Syrio.

"(Y/N)-neesan! Come back!" he wailed, sounding like a child that had lost its mother.

You looked at him, his eyes were teary, and you could hear your dad saying something through the phone.

...

Ichimatsu brought you to a river. Sitting down, he examined your wrists.

"Are you okay?" he asked worriedly. His eyes gleamed with an unknown emotion.

You gave a weak smile. "Y-Yeah.. I.. I just.."

You felt tears come to your eyes, a sob choking out.

"H-How c-can he act like he cares a-about me?! W-Why is he n-nice to him b-but not me? W-Why.." you whispered.

"Sssh..." Ichimatsu murmured. He pulled you into a tight embrace, and rubbed circles into your back. His hum sounded soothing.

"It's okay, I'm here.." he whispered to you.

Pulling away, he kissed your quivering lips. His hand on your cheek, he rested his forehead against yours, your tears subsiding.

Pulling away, he looked at you. "Better?" he asked gently.

"Y-Yeah.." you murmur, giving Ichimatsu a appreciative smile. Standing up, you heard two pairs of footsteps.

"There she is! Dad look!" a voice called out.

Turning around, your pupils dilated as you saw Syrio and your dad.

"N-No.. No!" you choked out.