Ch.14

Dear Harry,

Ever since I slipped that ring onto my finger, things have been getting a little better. My mind is not constantly focused on the pain and withdrawal I'm going through; it's focused on the excitement and joy and love that I am feeling. Instead of thinking about how long it will be until you come home, I am concentrating on just how short it will be until we get married, and we'll officially be with each other for the rest of our lives. Just thinking about it makes me break out into a grin.

The one tiny downside to being engaged to you is that I cannot stop looking at the new addition to my hand. I almost crashed the car while driving to work today because I couldn't take my eyes off the gorgeous stone. There are numerous bumps and bruises on my body- all due to knocking into things because I was too engrossed in inspecting my new prized possession. Each night I plant a soft kiss right on the top, because it feels as if I am a bit closer to you.

It seems as if I'm not the only one who notices the ring. At the grocery store, the cashier eyed my hand and looked up at me, giving me an extra warm smile. It's almost like people can sense it even without seeing my hand. I don't know if it's just me, but people just seem to be nicer. Instead of our usual dull city, everything seems so much more bright and joyful. Even the air tastes the slightest bit sweeter.

On the way home from work yesterday, I made a spontaneous turn, deciding to run a quick errand. I walked into my favorite flower store, and let the overwhelming waft of petunias and lilies and tulips fill my nostrils. I walked over to the enormous collection of red roses. They are my favorite flower, by far. I brought a single rose to my nose, the familiar scent filling my body with sweet memories.

I shut my eyes for a moment, remembering how the summer after we graduated high school, we took the money that we had both saved up for so long (although you insisted on paying for all of it) and got our own little apartment. We both knew it was a big step in our lives, and a huge finance, but your smile made all my worries dissolve. The second you were handed the keys, you picked me up bridal style and opened the door to our new home, the floor dotted in red rose petals. I kissed you- the first kiss of many in our apartment- and was once again bewildered by your romance.

That night, while we laid in bed, whispering little nothings in each other's ears, you looked at me with such delight in your beautiful green eyes and said something that I'll never forget: "Isn't this great? I get to have a sleepover with my very best friend every single night." Every week after that, you came home with a fresh bundle of red roses, without fail.

I was pulled out of my daydream when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up from the bouquet and met eyes with a kind looking woman.

"Can I help you with anything?" she asked me.

Nodding my head, I grabbed a bundle of roses before following her to the register. When I handed her the money, she noticed my ring and gave me a look of elation.

"When's the big day?"

I didn't know when to say. I was so caught up in the excitement of it all that I hadn't bothered to think about the wedding itself. All I seemed to care about was that you were going to be mine forever, and vice versa. 

I merely shrugged and told her that we weren't sure just yet. When I got home, I placed the roses in the same vase that you had always used and centered it on the kitchen table. It kinda felt like you were there with me again, but sadly, you won't be for a few more long months. 

The woman at the flower shop planted a seed of panic in my mind. I want to get married the second you get home, but I have absolutely nothing planned. I know you wouldn't want a big ceremony with lots of guests and a four course meal and a seven-piece band. I know you'd want something small and intimate, just like everything else in our lives, because nothing matters besides the two of us. I don't need an extravagant, over-the-top wedding to make me happy; all I need is you.

That being said, I still want the day to be special. I need to start thinking about this, and pronto. 

Today, I took a walk to the bridal shop just down the street. Right as I walked in, my eyes were blinded by the hundreds and hundreds of dresses that were hung in long rows along the walls. After being welcomed by the woman at the desk, I made my way to the dresses. Coming to a closer distance, I realized that they were all not just plain white dresses. Each one was so unique, with different shades of color ranging from pure white, to cream, to ivory, to eggshell. Some were simple, some had lace overlay, some had pearls sewed in patterns along the front, and some had a waterfall of ruffles falling to the floor. There were so many different shapes and sizes that I was soon completely overwhelmed. 

All I could think about was the special day in the near future, when my father would walk me down the isle, inching closer and closer to the man I loved more than anything in this universe. I could only imagine the look on your face, when you came to the realization that after asking time and time again, I finally agreed, and it was the day we had both been waiting for years. We would say our vows to each other and the entire time, our eyes would remained locked, barely even blinking. My stomach will surely be filled to the brim with butterflies; I would be in complete and utter ecstasy. After so many play dates, and study sessions, and secrets, and hugs, and kisses, and giggles, and staring contests, and pizza parties, and inside jokes, and hand-holding, and dates, and cuddles, and just everything, our wedding will be the moment that our history together is sealed with a kiss.

I couldn't stop smiling when I left the shop- I smiled the entire way home. In fact, I am still smiling this very moment. You make me so incredibly happy, Harry.

I'll have everything planned in the next few weeks, I promise. I can't believe that yet again, my dreams are becoming reality. Be safe, Fiancé, I love you so.

With so much love,

Ella Wella

_______________________________

**What do you think of this chapter? What do you think Ella is going to do for the wedding? TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK BELOW!

Read my FINISHED fanfics, "The Step-Brother" "The Teacher" and "The Boy That Saved My Life"

Vote? 

Comment?

Follow?

Ask me questions! (ask.fm/alyloves1direction)

Follow me on twitter! (@alylovess1d)

Stalk my instagram! (@alyloves1direction)

Unfortunately, I accidentally forgot my kik password, so I can't reply to any of your messages. Feel free to DM me on instagram! 

I love you all so much!!!!

xx**