Past times

"Erebus you cheater! I was supposed to meet them today" I whined as he carried me into the kitchen

"Well the bet doesn't start till tomorrow either so you'll be fine" he assured while smirking at the pouty expression that I gave him

"Hmmm, fine"

He smiled and kissed my forehead before setting me down on the countertop and walking to the fridge to get something for dinner.

"Can I cook?" I dared to ask

Erebus frowned into the fridge and turned to send me a blank expression and in turn, I frowned at him in disappointment already knowing the answer to my question but kept my mouth shut. He searched through the fridge more before pulling out a pizza box and putting it on the counter beside me to open it and reveal a full pizza with sausage and pepperoni on it, Erebus grabbed some paper towels and set two pieces on his and one piece on mine before setting them both in the microwave. My legs swayed back and forth as he walked back over to me and slid his hands up to my face, they caressed my cheeks as he stared at me and I stared back until the microwave beeped and Erebus frowned. I giggled slightly at him before he quickly leaned forward and pecked my lips making me blush furiously as he turned on his heel to retrieve the pizza slices that waited for us. In an attempt to avoid making eye contact with him I had jumped off the counter and walked to the table to sit down, Erebus set our little dinners on the table before sitting beside me and beginning to eat his meal. We ate side by side in silence until we had both finished and thrown the paper towels away, Erebus arms snaked around my waist and his torso pressed against my back as he pressed his face into the side of my neck with a sigh.

"Are you tired?" I asked in hopes that he was since my legs seemed to be giving out on me

"Hmmm" was his only response as he cuddled closer to me

"Well I am"

He didn't reply before tossing me up into his arms and walking upstairs to the bedroom, then almost falling onto the bed tiredly, I laughed once he'd managed to get onto the bed without falling as he wrapped his arms around me once again and slid my small body against his.

"Are you going to sleep in your clothes?" I asked while looking up at him

"Nope" he replied and threw his shirt off himself and onto the floor

I chuckled at him and snuggled into his naked chest liking the warmth radiating off him, he wrapped his arm around me then snuggled his face into the top of my head.

—————

I woke up to see Erebus still out cold with his arm draped around my waist and a soft snore blew from his lips, I peeked over his shoulder at the time and it was 7:16 and he usually got up around 9. I thought for a second on maybe making him an early breakfast and decided that it would be a good idea, carefully I wiggled out from underneath his weighted arm and started to crawl off the bed. The sheets wrapped tightly around my feet then and my hands were already off the bed before I fell forward with a yelp, the hardwood floor was not a good landing as my hands first caught me from falling on my face but then my legs flung off the bed and smacked against the hard ground along with my hips. The sheets had also come with me since my feet had been wrapped around them and Erebus shot upwards at the sound of the "thump" I laid on the ground, resting a hand on my hip knowing that my fall would probably cause a bruise there. Erebus looked over the bed at me as a slight moan escaped my lips as I turned over to hide my face from him, he jumped off the bed and picked me up before sitting on the floor while dragging me into his lap.

"Are you alright? What did you fall on?" Erebus asked while looking my body up and down with a worried expression

"I'm fine. Just my hip hurts a little"

He then lifted up my shirt and slightly moved the pants down a little to look at my hip to see a small bruise already starting to form, he then did the most unexpected thing and leaned down to press a soft kiss to the light purple area. A shiver went down my spine as a blush came into my cheeks as he sat up and kissed my cheek

"I'm sorry baby I should've caught you" his nose brushed against my cheek as he spoke

"Oh it's fine Erebus you were sleeping, you couldn't have been prepared to catch me when you are sleeping"

"Well, what were you doing getting out of bed anyway?" He asked while pulling back to look me in the face

"Um, going to make a breakfast for us" my voice was very close to a whisper

"You don't need to cook for me sweetheart, but thank you for the notion but I'd rather cuddle right now"

With that, he got up and crawled onto the bed while repositioning my body to lay on top of his. I didn't have the motivation to make an attempt to argue with him so instead pressed my face into his chest as his hand went up and down my back soothingly.

"I hope you know that I'm not in pain Erebus"

He sat up so his back was against the headboard and lifted up my shirt to expose the bruise across my stomach and also a scar that stretched up across my rib cage but only a part of it to not expose anything important.

"He gave you these didn't he?" His gaze went up to mine and it was blank and cold

"Y-yes he did" I responded shakily

"What did he exactly do?"

"Threw me to the ground or hit me usually, when I deserved it for doing something really bad he used a whip that he had kept in the basement"

He pressed me closer to him and pressed his head to my hair

"What did you do to deserve the whip exactly?"

I didn't respond for a few seconds before speaking

"When he took me outside one day to walk around the camp, I had made a run for it and gotten a pretty good distance before he caught me then took me back to the pack house before whipping me"

"How many times did he whip you?"

"Twice"

The two I had stretched across my back and the scar on my rib cage had been on one occasion when he had lost his temper and flung a knife out and cut me.

"May I see them?"

I looked up at him before responding

"I don't think that's a wise decision to make"

"And why is that?"

"They are hideous," I said it blankly but it was the honest truth, they were thick, long red lines that ran across my back which is not attractive at the least. He leaned forward and brushed his lips against my ear

"Please, I will always find you unbelievably beautiful... no matter what has or will happen to you" he paused,
"But I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure nothing bad ever happens to you again" he brushed his nose against my cheek delicately.

I couldn't speak it seemed from his husky voice that took my breath away and only nodded in response to allow him to look at the scars. He carefully put a hand up to his T-shirt on me and lifted the back up slowly, once he had gotten it entirely over my back his body stiffened and I lowered my head in shame. He let the shirt go making it slide back down my back and his arms wrapped tightly around me to press myself into his torso, I hugged his arms and shoved my face into his bicep as he held me to him while breathing deeply to keep himself from losing control.

"I told you," I said at a whisper after pulling my face away from his arm slightly

He lifted his face from being pressed into my head and turned me around to look at him, his gaze was sorrowful and it hurt to look at him like this. He then took my face in his hands and lifted it up to look straight at him

"I still see you as the most beautiful person in my life and nothing will change that. Do you understand, Layla?"

I nodded and he leaned forward and kissed me passionately, my hands went up to tangle into his soft hair and played with his locks before we finally pulled away from each other. I laid my forehead on his chest as he still held me tightly then said softly

"Erebus, I'm still making us breakfast at some point this morning."

Vote and comment!