Chapter 5

"No mortal can keep a secret. If the lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore." - Sigmund Freud

Werewolf Kingdom
Romanov Estate/Castle
Castle Halls

Fyrrah's POV

I yawned for the nth time today, trying hard to keep my tired eyes open. I don't have anything to do, and I managed to escape Anthony's watchful gaze just a few hours ago.

It's been a week since the mayhem in the Blood Moon Forest happened. Alessio's been busy interrogating- or should I say torturing - the rogue wolf they kept alive from the battle. You must be wondering why I didn't interrogate Davis yet, correct? Well, usually after adventures the heroes felt tired so I feel tired right now.

Okay, so that's not the reason why. I wanted to tell Alessio who I am, and since I'm not so good in explaining I think Kalen would do. Despite my current predicament, I don't feel like a prisoner at all. Alessio's making me feel like I'm his prized possession and honestly no one have ever made me feel this way. Not even my siblings, though I know they care. I have this feeling that he would understand and whether I would like to admit it or not the cunning alpha wormed his way into my heart unknowingly and decided to build a gossamer and fluffy bed to reside in. In short, I have a soft spot for him. Damn, tricky bastard.

"I am here to see the king, I have a meeting with him scheduled in an hour." My ears twitched when I heard the familiar voice coming from the estate's room designed for visitors and Alessio's short meetings.

Another voice replied, "Yes, Alpha. Is it okay if you wait here or should I call someone to show you around?" He's one of the castle guards.

"I could use a tour around the castle." He answered without a care. What is it with alphas and their lack of emotion when dealing with others?

I poked my head in the doorway, "I can show you around!" I chirped, clapping my hands excitedly. The act seemed innocent but my smile was that of an old scheming witch. This time, he didn't bother hiding his distaste towards me. It must've been because of something he found out about me, since he's not like this with me before. But do I care? No.

"Fyrrah," He spat, disgusted by my name.

I raised an eyebrow, "What crawled up your ass and died?"

He sneered, glaring at me. "I guess I'll just wait here." He said, making himself comfortable in the sofa.

"Your choice." I shrugged and disappeared out of the room. I locked up myself in the room at the end of the hall. A library, how fitting. I pretended to read but my ears were strained eavesdropping on their conversation.

"My king," Alpha Luces greeted. There was a scuffle, fabric bristling against fabric. He must've stood up to greet him and did a handshake.

"Alpha Luces," Alessio answered shortly, "You found something?"

"Yes," he said proudly. "I got it from the Elven Strategic Defense Council (ESDC). I narrowed the reports down to the most important ones." He explained the validity of the information.

"Good. Tell me everything." Alessio urged.

"Her real name is Fyrrah Vulcan. She can't access fire element, true. Apparently she stole something from the king of the fire kingdom and the punishment is death. However, she escaped their clutches. For years countless of deaths were recorded and everything leads to her. From noblemen to small time thieves, you name it she did it. Her case was assigned to a certain general, Leonardo Calisto, and up until now they can't capture her. My king, I suggest we surrender her. The reward is an alliance between the kingdoms."