Chapter 11

As soon as we walked through the doors all eyes were on us. Some girls were drooling over Jake but most of them were giving me evil looks. Wow, this is going to be fun.

All of a sudden someone squealed beside me and I turned to face Maddie.

"You came" she said with a gigantic smile on her face. Looking from me to Jake and back to me. "So are you guys like a thing or-"

"Oh God no. We just came so friends" I explained giving her a cheeky smile.

Her and Ryder's costumes were probably the cutest ones here. Maddie is a deer and Ryder is a hunter.

"You guys look so cute together oh my gosh" I fangirled a bit not gonna lie

"You guys look so cute together oh my gosh" I fangirled a bit not gonna lie. "I'm so voting for you guys for cutest couple costume"

"Awh thanks babe" Maddie said.

"I'll go get us some punch" Jake said heading towards the punch table.

"Okay I'm gonna go vote"

About 20 minutes had passed and the people in charge of counting the votes announced it was time.

"And the winners for cutest couple costumes are... Jake and Arianna dressed as Mickey and Minnie.

I looked over at Jake to see his jaw was hung open. "We aren't even a couple how could we have won?"

I giggled and said "I told you that you looked cute"

He chuckled and held out his arm so I linked mine around his and we walked to the front of the gym to get our picture taken for the year book.

Me and Jake danced for a little while then he disappeared somewhere in the crowd. I just kind of stood off to the side swaying my body to the music as I searched for him. I gave up and decided to go to the bathroom to try to call him.

I was half way there when Suddenly arms snaked around my waist and a smile formed on my face thinking it was Jake.

"Hey beautiful" spoke a deep husky voice.

I frowned and turned around in this strangers arms. "Who are you and why are your arms around me" I asked shakily.

He didn't say anything. Just smirked when he notice I was trembling. Before I knew it his nasty lips were on mine. What the hell? I tried pushing him off me but his grip got tighter around my waist and he slammed me against the wall. His lips trail down my jaw and to my neck. I pushed his chest back as hard as I could but he didn't budge and just continued sucking on my neck.

I brought my knee up to his gut and he let go of me doubling over in pain. Before he had time to get back up I was already running through the gym Doors. Music filled my ears and I squeezed my way through the crowd searching from Jake.

I pulled out my phone and dialed his number holding the phone up to my ear as it rang still slipping past the dancing bodies bumping into a few. It went to voice-mail and I continued my search. I whipped my head around just in time to see that creep walk through the doors. My heart sped up and I walked a little faster.

Finally I found Jake standing in the farthest corner of the gym with his phone held to his ear. When he saw me confusion and concern flashed across his face and he mumbled a goodbye before pocketing his phone.

I rushed over to him grabbing his arm and checking behind me for that guy.

"Ow. why are you looking behind you like someone is going to stab you?" I looked down and noticed I was still shaking and my nails were digging into Jake's forearm.

"C-can we please go" I said looking into his eyes.

He read the fear in my eyes and grabbed my hand dragging me to the exit. I kept my arm wrapped around his the whole time looking back every two seconds.

When we finally made it outside I let out a breath of relief as the wind whipped my hair around.

"What the hell happened" Jake asked.

"It was nothing let's just go" I said looking at the ground. I started walking but he just stood there looking at my neck?

"Arianna I'm only going to ask you this once" He took a deep breath, I could tell he's angry. "Who gave you the hickey"

"What" my hand shot to the spot where the guy was sucking on my neck. "I-I don't know"

"What the fuck do you mean you don't know" He clenched his jaw balled up his fist. His eyes turned a shade darker and his chest is now heaving.

He's angry. Angry Jake reminds me of my dad. Flashbacks of my abusive past played at the back of my head while I backed away from Jake.

Tears began pouring down my cheeks. "I don't know who he was"

"Bullshit"

"I was walking to the bathroom so I could... call you a-and he started kissing me. I don't know who he was" I paused and let out a sob "I tried to push him off me but he was to strong" suddenly my knees became weak and I dropped to the ground sobbing. I looked into his eyes quick before looking back down. "You're scaring me Jake"

His face softened and he started walking towards me but I scoot away.

He ran his hand through his hair "Aria-"

"No, let's just go home" I got up off the ground wiping the tears that were still pouring down my cheeks and wrap my arms around myself. Goosebumps rose on my skin when a cool wind blew.

Something was suddenly draped over my shoulders, my fingers reached out to wrap in around my body more. It was Jake's leather jacket. I sniffled a 'thanks' getting into his car.

I dosed off on the way back to the house....

I felt arms go under me and I was being lift off the seat someone cradling me in their arms. I tensed at first but relaxed when I breathed in his scent and fell back asleep.

Jake's POV

I carried her into her room and laid her on the bed sliding her skirt off leaving her in leggings and a t-shirt. I set her headband and mouse nose on her dresser finding the makeup wipes that were laying on her nightstand and wiping off some of the makeup she had under her eyes from crying. Crying because I'm a dick to be more specific. After sliding the Bobby pins out of her wavy hair I tucked her under the covers and kissed her forehead. She curled into a ball and I smiled at how beautiful she is.

I walked to the door and shut off the light whispering "Goodnight Princess" into the dark room shutting her door and heading to my room.