Chapter 40

A loud groan escaped my lips; the only sound I could manage to make in response to Dylan's concerned voice on the other side of the door.

"I'm coming in"

My eyes widened at his words. The shower curtain is covering me but I still feel too exposed.

The door slowly creeked open and Dylan appeared in the bathroom with his hand covering his eyes.

I reached for the towel sitting on the counter but my head exploded with pain so I retracted my hand.

"Where are you I don't want to step on you"

How the fuck did I end up in this situation? Oh, right, my stupid clumsy ass did this to me.

"Can you get Maddie" I manage to form enough words to possibly get me out of this mess.

"Not really. She left, apparently she forgot your gift at her house."

"Then get Kayla"

"She went with her"

Just my fucking luck.

"Jake?" Since none of the girls are here, I would feel a little bit more comfortable if it was Jake being the one to help me when the only thing covering me is a shower curtain, rather than Dylan.

Obviously I trust Jake more. I mean, I am living in his house and I'm practically cuddled up to his side every damn night.

"Sorry Darlin' but Jake had to go pick up Cole from a friend's house and Ryder went with him. It's just me and Tyler"

Just fucking great.

I attempted to sit up but my body told me that wouldn't be possible at the moment.

Merry Christmas Eve to me.

How could Jake leave me alone in a house with these two morons. They could have set the house on fire while I was in the shower for all he knows.

I lifted my head ignoring the pain that immediately clouded my head, and raked my eyes over my body to make sure everything is covered.

Here goes nothing. "You can uncover your eyes"

He slowly removed his hand from his face dropping it to his side. But instead of looking at me, he kept his eyes on the ceiling. Which is fine with me.

"Can you hand me my towel?"

"Sure- wait what the fuck? You're not naked right?"

"Of course I'm not naked you dumbass. Well technically I am but- I'm not the type of girl that would just let you see me. Who do you think I am? I have something covering me but-" crap I'm rambling. "Oh for goodness sakes just give me the stupid towel"

He removed his eyes from the ceiling, dropping his gaze on my helpless self. He immediately removed his eyes from me and grabbed the towel from off the counter throwing it to me.

"Why didn't you just use the towel to begin with" He asked crossing his muscular arms across his chest.

"You must really think I'm stupid...."

He stared into my eyes with a questioning look.

"I fell and attempted to prevent that but instead brought this down with me" I huffed.

His mouth formed into the shape of an 'o'

"Are you just gonna stand there staring at me or are you going to help me up"

He rolled his eyes and offered me his hand. I took it but before I let him pull me up I glared at him.

"Close your eyes you idiot I'm still naked under this"

He rolled his eyes once more before closing them. I gripped his hand tighter and he pulled me to my feet exposing my butt cheeks to the bathroom wall behind me. One of my hands is gripping Dylan's calloused hand and the other is holding the shower curtain in place.

"Ow Ow Ow" I whimpered as my head throbbed.

I used Dylan's arm to balance myself and can I just say....

Wow, he's got some arm muscles. And the veins that were exposed when he flexed were just... wow.

"What the hell is that from" Dylan was staring intently at my arm with his icy eyes.

"What is what-" I followed his gaze to the cut on my arm from Michael. "Oh that? That's just... um, I- I fell"

I'm pretty sure he knew that the only thing I'm speaking is lies. His intense gaze drilling holes through my skin as he looked right through me.

"What the fuck is going on"

Dylan and I both snapped our heads to the doorway. Jake is standing there, his fists clenched at his sides, and his his breathing heavy.

I stared at him with wide eyes and my mouth partly open in shock.

"It's not what you think bro" Dylan pulled his arm away from me and let it fall back to his side.

"What is it then? Dylan I swear to God if you laid a fing-"

"No Jake it's not like that" I finally snapped out of my shocked state and went to take a step towards him but froze when I remembered my entire backside is bare.

Jake walked towards me but I quickly scrambled backwards, tripping over my feet and falling yet again. Jake moved quick and grabbed my arm before I could collide with the cold tiles for the second time tonight.

The curtain must have slid around during my almost-fall because both the boys are staring at my chest. Boys.

I panicked for a second but only a small bit of clevlege was showing. I tucked my boob's attempt at running away back under the curtain and straightened myself out. I cleared my throat and the boys snapped their eyes back to my face.

"If you guys don't mind, I would like to get dressed now"

"Nope Don't mind at all" Jake said but he stayed put.

Dylan shook his head and stayed put as well, causing Jake to scowel in his direction.

"Out" I pointed towards the door and both of them pouted their lips.

Dylan exited the bathroom and Jake did too but not before muttering "meanie"

~♡~
A/N

As I promised, here's an update for y'all!

Make sure to click that star button letting me know you liked it!!

Also, if you haven't already, check out my NEW BOOK 'What is love?' ;)

Thank you all so much for 3k reads! It's honestly bind blowing to me:P

- Khloe💋