Chapter 11 Happy Birthday... I Guess✔

Elliott's POV

"They're awake!"

That was all I heard when I could finally open my eyes.

I was in a bed. Tubes coming into my body and two doctors around me. I felt sore and weak in many places of my body. Then I remembered.

My parents. They helped me and my sister stay.

I'mback in my body. Wait.

My sister.

Is Ellie ok? Where is she?

"W-whe- where's-" I tried to say but I felt so numb.

"Son don't talk. You are gonna be ok. Your sister is awake as well, she's on the other side of the room" the doctor said.

I tried to raise my head to see her. But all I could see was the curtain separating the room in half.

After a couple of hours of treatment, painkillers, and stupid injections, I could finally at least sit up.

The doctors finally opened the curtain and brought the beds of me and my sister closer together.

I looked at her and smiled. Even though she look bad like me for having many punches, I was so happy to see her face.

"You look awful" Ellie said laughing. I laughed with her.

"So do you" I said.

Hey what day is it today?

"What day is it?" I asked.

"I don't know I mean it feels like its all been just one day. But there's a part of me that knows time has passed by" she answered.

Its like she read my mind.

Then again, we are twins so she probably did.

Then a nurse came in and and mom was smiling right behind her, she closed the door as soon as she got in.

"Hey guys" the nurse said.

Mom came up to us and gave us the tightest hugs ever. A little too tight.

"Can't.... breathe" Ellie and I said.

"Oops. Sorry I'm just so happy to see you guys" mom said tearing up.

"Momma, don't cry" Ellie said grabbing he hand.

"Yeah. We are ok. Everything is gonna be alright" I said grabbing her other hand.

"How can I not cry? First of all, I thought I almost lost the two most important things to me in the world" she said.

Ellie and I smiled.

"Also, today is a very special day" she added.

Is it?

To be honest I am completely out of it right now.

"Do you guys know what day it is?" she asked us.

We looked at each other, then back at her and shook our head lightly.

"Well I expected this. You've been out quite a while after surgery" she said grabbing out hands lightly.

"Here, I'm gonna bring you something. It should give you a hint as to what day it is" she said.

With that said, mom went back outside. After a few seconds, the door opened again and it revealed a medium sized cake with candles, decorated differently on each half.

Now I remember!

Ellis and I turn 14 today!

It's our birthday.

Ellie's POV

Oh my gosh.

Elliott and me turn 14 today.

It's our birthday.

I wanted to shed some tears. I don't know why, I just get very emotional sometimes.

Mom brought the cake in between our beds and helped us shift our bodies so we could face towards the middle.

"Happy birthday darlings" she said giving each of us a light hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"Ouch" I said when she kissed me. I forgot I'm still kinda jacked up on my face and my arms, my stomach, and... well, pretty much everywhere else.

"Oh sorry babe" she said.

"Nah it's fine" said.

She and the nurse sang happy birthday to us. Even though it wasn't the best celebration, it was all I could ever ask for.

And with everything that has happened, at least I got to see my 14th birthday with my twin brother.

"Make a wish sweet hearts" mom said.

I looked at my brother and smiled. I don't know what he wished for, but I closed my eyes and just hoped that everything would go back to normal and me and my brother could just be happy with mom.

I opened my eyes and saw that Elliott was done with his wish. We both nodded and with one blow, we blew out our candles.

My mom and the nurse both clapped lightly and started to cut each of us a piece.

My half was chocolate bread, my favorite, and Elliott's half was vanilla, his favorite. I like it when they get us cake like this.

This way we don't argue as much.

I put the cake into my mouth and I kinda felt sick. It must have been because my body hasn't eaten in a while but a couple minutes later, it didn't hurt as much.

We were talking a little to mom about what we would do after we could do home from the hospital when a doctor came into the room holding a clipboard.

"Um ma'am, can I speak to you outside?" he asked addressing my mom.

"Of course" she said.

"What?" I heard from the other side of the room. But then it got quiet.

"Can you hear anything?" I asked Elliott.

"Nope. Can you?" he asked.

"No" I said.

A couple minutes later, the doctor can back in and my mom had a shocked look on her face along with some tears.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Look kids, while we were testing you, we had to draw some blood. When we tested it we noticed it was kinda, different I guess. So after further examination, we saw that you have the disease your biological mother had" he said.

"So that means..." Elliott began.

"Both of you have leukemia" the doctor told us

Happy birthday to us.

Hey I wanna say thx to DontPlay47 for your chapter. Its the nicest thing ever! Love ya. Ur awesome